My Blog Rating: My Rating 5/5

Very neat setup.
Did you do the installation yourself?
Who was the battery supplier?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Downunder - Wednesday, Mar 21, 2018 at 08:11

Wednesday, Mar 21, 2018 at 08:11
Hello Stephen,
Yes, I did the installation myself, I am happy the way it turned out. I think I spent more time thinking about how and where to put things and run wires than doing the job.
The battery packs are from EV Power in WA.
Cheers,
Bill
AnswerID: 617748

Reply By: NIK `N` OFF - Wednesday, Mar 21, 2018 at 20:41

Wednesday, Mar 21, 2018 at 20:41
It does appear very well set out, credit to you.

I don’t understand it all myself, our system with 4 AGM batteries, battery charger (rarely used) and solar reg looks very basic in comparison

AnswerID: 617759

Follow Up By: Downunder - Thursday, Mar 22, 2018 at 07:49

Thursday, Mar 22, 2018 at 07:49
Hi Mick,
Thanks for the compliment.
It's not as complicated as it may seem.
Before the change I had my solar in series, one single string. Just changed the wiring to give me 3 strings instead of one.
The charge side is almost the same as it was before, the only addition being the DCDC charger. All charging sources should have the ability to be adjusted to match battery supplier settings.
The Bluesea safetyhub just replaced a plethora of individual fuses/CB's. The pos and neg busbars replaced a couple of power posts.
The packs were the main difference but not hugely, as well as the battery control unit.
A different mindset is also required if you are transitioning from AGM.
Don't be overawed though.
Cheers, Bill
FollowupID: 889532

Reply By: Gone Bush - Wednesday, Mar 21, 2018 at 20:49

Wednesday, Mar 21, 2018 at 20:49
Bill, we had a tour of the EV Power lithium battery place earlier this week during the WA Mini Muster. All who attended were impressed.

I can see a few components that were mentioned there.

Is each one of those packs 160A/h? That is, 480A/h in total?

Why did you install a cut out switch to each bank instead of wiring them up like the negative terminals and have one cut out switch off the last +ve terminal?
AnswerID: 617760

Follow Up By: Downunder - Thursday, Mar 22, 2018 at 08:00

Thursday, Mar 22, 2018 at 08:00
Stephen,
Yes, each pack is 160 A/HR for a total of 480 A/HR.
I scratched my head too as to why each pack needed a separate feed and C/B on the positive cables but the supplier said it was required so that was it.
They did say that if I have a problem with one pack it can be isolated even disconnected and the other two can still function.
If you go to their website you can see schematics for various configurations and where there is more than one pack, there are separate feeds.
Cheers, Bill
FollowupID: 889534

Our Sponsors