Bushtracker build

Submitted: Friday, Jul 17, 2020 at 06:58
ThreadID: 140244 Views:3353 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, I am new to this site as have heard good things about Bushtracker vans. My question is are they a van that can handle dirt roads.
I presently own a 22 ft Explorex Caravan that is only 4 years old with very little dirt road use but is falling apart.
Builder has been difficult to deal with from day one so am cutting my losses and selling and want to replace with a real well built van
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: focs18 - Friday, Jul 17, 2020 at 08:33

Friday, Jul 17, 2020 at 08:33
Good morning Noel

We have a 2003 Bushtracker which has travelled to the Cape, cross the Gulf, Birdsville and a number of other corrugated roads and we have never had any problems.

If you are thinking of purchasing a BT I suggest you contact Bushtracker International and ask for a visit to the factory. We did this prior to purchasing our BT and we have never looked back.

Regards

Pam
Living Life to the Fullest in a BT
Membership Registrar - Pam

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 632544

Reply By: NIK `N` OFF - Friday, Jul 17, 2020 at 15:42

Friday, Jul 17, 2020 at 15:42
Hi Noel, not good to hear about the Explorex, they market themselves as an extreme off road van. Even worse to hear the company is not receptive to its obligations.

We bought our BT new in 2007 and have used it extensively throughout Australia, we have driven the usual iconic tracks and apart from some damage caused when the fridge hinge breaking a few years back and a snapped stub axle recently it’s been trouble free.

A visit to the factory convinced us to buy the BT, no regrets at all. If you can’t do a factory visit I’m sure there are owners around where you live wouldn’t mind showing you theirs.

AnswerID: 632551

Reply By: Krisandkev - Sunday, Jul 19, 2020 at 09:28

Sunday, Jul 19, 2020 at 09:28
Like others have said, try and do a factory tour. That will answer all of your questions. Where are you located?
KrisandKev

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 632581

Reply By: Dave K - Monday, Jul 20, 2020 at 09:13

Monday, Jul 20, 2020 at 09:13
Should you purchase a Bushtracker i am sure you will not be disappointed. Mine is 6 years old ,travelled 80,000 Klmtrs around and thru the country. Bitumen and dirt. Totally satisfied with its capable ability to handle where ever we have wanted to go.No problems at all,other than a cupboard latch that broke while in Broome. A phone call to to Bushtracker resulted in two being express posted to us. On the phone help from Bushtracker during the first few months of owning the van was excellent. DK
AnswerID: 632593

Reply By: GoSeeAus - Tuesday, Jul 21, 2020 at 10:58

Tuesday, Jul 21, 2020 at 10:58
Hi Noel we are similar to DK with a six year old van having travelled in excess of 90,000 klms with about 20% dirt. Only problem was the door hinges broke, not BTs problem but mine in letting the door swing open too much in the wind.
We have air suspension and have done the cape, twice across the gulf, Kalumburu and Mitchell Falls, the Gibb, Great Central, Gary Junction to name a few.
Get one and enjoy.
AnswerID: 632600

Our Sponsors