Submitted: Sunday, Feb 23, 2003 at 00:44
ThreadID: 119784 Views:9844 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello everyone,

My name is Anthony, i have just joined your group. We took delivery of our new BT in Nov01 and a new F250 in Mar02. We have completed nine short trips, so far, ranging from 2days to 8days. The rigors of self employment keep us from longer trips. We use the BT mainly to take the kids (girls one 8, one 4) away camping in SE Qld. What an addiction these vans are .... I envy everyone of you travelling the country in a BT. Looking forward to group discussion ..... Regards
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Sunday, Feb 23, 2003 at 00:46

Sunday, Feb 23, 2003 at 00:46
Welcome Anthony. A lot of good stuff here and more stuff is always welcome. angie loves piccies so we give a few every few days to keep her happy all the way over there in London. Nomad
AnswerID: 558122

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Sunday, Feb 23, 2003 at 00:47

Sunday, Feb 23, 2003 at 00:47
You guys better believe how happy it makes me. has me purring like a pussycat. ivan could get away with murder (or anything else if he is quick enough)!. Anthony there is a yahoo group formed by the campertrailer guys for good camping spots etc in SEQ. The addy is:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SEQcampingand4wd/ might give you some new ideas for spots to go. The cost of this information is a piccy of the rig. Angie Angie luuurves photos
AnswerID: 558123

Reply By: Deleted User - Sunday, Feb 23, 2003 at 00:48

Sunday, Feb 23, 2003 at 00:48
Thanks Angie and Nomad .....

I'll check that url for SEQ camping. Trying to find somewhere at Easter ...looking at Bigriggan at Beaudesert. 100 acres or so I believe. Everywhere will be crowded but we'll persist.

Regards
Anthony
AnswerID: 558124

Reply By: Turist - Sunday, Feb 23, 2003 at 00:49

Sunday, Feb 23, 2003 at 00:49
Anthony I don't know just what your looking for but in SEQ have you
checked the State Forest campgrounds at;
Kenilworth. Nice spot and a swimming hole with a beach.
Amamoor State forest and Cedar Grove near Gympie. Where they hold the
Gympie Muster.
Cedar Grove also has swimming.
Regards
Turist

"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 558125

Reply By: Deleted User - Sunday, Feb 23, 2003 at 00:50

Sunday, Feb 23, 2003 at 00:50
We have been to the state forests at Kenilworth quite a bit Easter is just too crowded. Went to Amamoor recently just for a look while we were at Elanda Point Campgrounds. It seemed really eerie there with all the facades for the muster. I now know what a ghost town must feel like. Hope to stay at Amamoor in winter .... A good red .... a good steak .... and a good fire ....
Regards
Anthony
AnswerID: 558126

Reply By: Turist - Sunday, Feb 23, 2003 at 00:51

Sunday, Feb 23, 2003 at 00:51
We will be at Amamoor in August for the Muster (as usual)
We will be on site about 10 days before muster starts on last weekend of August.
Got to get there early to catch up with others and get into training for some serious fun once the show opens.
Turist
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 558127

Our Sponsors