excitement levels building??

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 09, 2003 at 02:52
ThreadID: 119818 Views:4432 Replies:12 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
hey there happy BOGers to be. hows the excitement level building for all those who are due to pick up vans in the next few months? what is the first thing you are going to do when you get your van out of the factory? angie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Turist - Sunday, Mar 09, 2003 at 02:54

Sunday, Mar 09, 2003 at 02:54
I'm gunna send a photo of mine to Angie, and its gunna be parked in the sun and it's gunna have some icy cold Aussie beers in the photo as well.
Turist
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 558244

Reply By: Deleted User - Sunday, Mar 09, 2003 at 02:55

Sunday, Mar 09, 2003 at 02:55
I bet the first thing they do is too savour the smell, like a new car....nothing like it.........albeit a bloody expensive one. I was at the factory one day when two couples picked up their new vans. Talk about ear to ear grins....wonderful to behold. Even Steve was grinnin and I know why(and why not) Nomad
AnswerID: 558245

Reply By: Turist - Sunday, Mar 09, 2003 at 02:56

Sunday, Mar 09, 2003 at 02:56
Angie you have been working too hard.
Give yourself a raise
"Do It While You Can"

AnswerID: 558246

Reply By: Turist - Sunday, Mar 09, 2003 at 02:57

Sunday, Mar 09, 2003 at 02:57
Angie
Should have been an attachment to the above message.
Unfortunately Bill Gates is getting square with Mac owners and wont let me post it.
I will send it directly to you
"Do It While You Can"

AnswerID: 558247

Reply By: Deleted User - Sunday, Mar 09, 2003 at 02:58

Sunday, Mar 09, 2003 at 02:58
I'm afraid Angie has contracted a common diseaese called Bushtracker Anticipation Trepidation Tremblers Syndrome ... or commonly known as an attack of the BATTS.
It most commonly seen in the BT owner in the period between the deposit and delivery stage .... it is not commonly outside this period so Angie might have the rare form called
Early Onset B.A.T.T.S .... Time will tell !

Symptoms include but are not restricted to .....
Adrenalin rush on sighting a BT (even a picture) causing a lowered skin surface temperature and a butterfly effect in small intestine and stomach.
Trembling is seen in the chronic case ... in the acute case it can be seen by too much exposure over a short period.
Some long term cases can recite BT Specs and Options at will especially near the delivery date.
Alcohol will increase the problem turning the acute into the chronic instantly.

Treatment
Treatment is only palliative at this stage so support from friends and other people that have taken delivery is vital. Valium works in the short term but is contraindicated. Being taken in short trips in friends BT's is in the planning and controlled trial stage.

The prognosis is good .... all symptoms and traces of the syndrome appear to fade in the first 48 hours after delivery. Small recurrences can appear when fitting aftermarket accessories. It may also appear again in the preceding days of a trip .... in the first year.

I'm only getting over it now ..... <grin>
Anthony

AnswerID: 558248

Reply By: Deleted User - Sunday, Mar 09, 2003 at 02:59

Sunday, Mar 09, 2003 at 02:59
Yes Anthony we got it also......bloody hard to shake off, OK now though
AnswerID: 558249

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Sunday, Mar 09, 2003 at 03:00

Sunday, Mar 09, 2003 at 03:00
anthony, at last, a doctor who understands!!!!!! but i dont want to be healed. and i wont take my medicine to calm me down. so what option does this leave a girl? angie
AnswerID: 558250

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Sunday, Mar 09, 2003 at 03:01

Sunday, Mar 09, 2003 at 03:01
and also, if i am like this now, what am i going to be like around july next year? is there no hope for this poor ex-pat? angie
AnswerID: 558251

Reply By: Deleted User - Sunday, Mar 09, 2003 at 03:02

Sunday, Mar 09, 2003 at 03:02
Greetings Angie,

Maybe a hobby for distraction .... OK you've twisted my arm ... here are a few suggestions.
Collecting Pommie beer glasses. Nah ! On second thoughts you need to practice all things Bushtracker and a few more besides ....

1. Practice levelling everything in preparation for levelling van on uneven sites. Buy a small spirit level ... every office desk , chair, table, book , remote, plate, husband sleeping on bed can be levelled with small pieces of cardboard and a spirit level.

2. Mark an area on the floor the size of your BT say 20x7 with masking tape with a 2 foot gap at one end. Place a chair for you and hubby to enjoy reading a book or viewing TV and enter and exit this area by the 2foot gap only.

3. Connect any Aussie made tv antenna to your television and try to watch news and weather every night.

4. This one might be semi serious ... Derive a complete menu for cooking in the BT say at 10 clicks North of Thargomindah .... spread dust around for authenticity.

5. Both yourself and hubby take showers together ... same as one person in BT shower but without flailing arms.

6. Wave at every Ford Truck you see on the M1 or nearest highway.

7. Visit the nearest Tent Mart and see what you don't need any more.

8. Visit a Pommie Ford Dealer and ask for a F250 colour brochure and spec sheet.

9. Try an buy an English dry weather camping location guide .... that will keep ya busy !

10. Don't listen to " I Still Call Australia Home" or watch Qantas ads !!!

There's a quick ten hope it helps keep you busy <smile>
Anthony
AnswerID: 558252

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Sunday, Mar 09, 2003 at 03:03

Sunday, Mar 09, 2003 at 03:03
hello anthony, and thankyou for your responses. hubby and i had such a great laugh over them. it felt good. in response to your responses i would like to say that i hadnt thought of marking out a space on the floor. that would be a good one if we had a space big enough but i will definitely bring a tape measure home from work to check out size in our existing abode. it might be that we will be able to judge given the lounge and bathroom together (the units over here are not very spacious) we dont have a TV here so there will be no problem with not watching any shows even remotely connected with Aus or Qantas ads. Hubby liked the idea of showering together for some reason. I have started getting some recipes together and also a cheap shopping guide including such places as SPC, Ardmona, Sanitarium factory outlets. If anyone wants a copy of it please let me know. It is broken down to states. We dont have a vehicle here either so no Fords to wave at on the underground. But there is plenty of other entertainment to keep me occupied on that one. We have the F250 brochures (2 copies actually - 1 each) and alternate between that and downloaded bushtracker information from all you lovely people and from the Website. I like the idea of the level and will get one asap. Hubby will like me levelling his feet along the couch I think particularly if I make a cup of coffee part of the task. As you can imagine we have a permanent hobby checking the countdown days left in London on the desktop. But we are getting better with that as it only gets checked about 6 times a day now! Well, that is enough to keep me occupied. That and chatting to fellow BOGers and checking the latest updates on this wonderful site. Angie ps medical profession - correct???
AnswerID: 558253

Reply By: F Troop - Sunday, Mar 09, 2003 at 03:04

Sunday, Mar 09, 2003 at 03:04
OH GOD.......... I've got all of the symptoms of BATTS. Can't think what I'll be like the night before pick up. The temptation to e-mail or ring Bushtracker (just to make sure all is okay) has been at fever pitch for a couple of weeks now. I do think I shall annoy them this week tho as we haven't heard anything for a while. I am actually having bad dreams where we get to the B/T factory in May and they have lost our van. They then try to manufacture one while we wait, and they botch up on the design and inclusions. This then wakes me up in a hot flush. Now I can't tell whether I am Menopausal or just plain BATTS-apausal. I have even taken to looking through other "run of the mill" caravans just so that I can pick on the workmenship / quality etc. (It's always interesting when the salesman tries to sell you one of their "top quality, top of the range, comes with an off-raod pack", caravans). In answer to Angie's question - the first thing we are going to do is get it to the local caravan park and have a stiff drink. After much playing and chest puffing and showing everyone who comes close, then we have just one week to enjoy it on the way back home. We will then go away every weekend for the next...... god knows how long. We are already planning where we can go and roads we can test her on. Angie - I can categorically state that you will be a mess by this time next year. Just accept it and go with the flow girl.
AnswerID: 558254

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Sunday, Mar 09, 2003 at 03:05

Sunday, Mar 09, 2003 at 03:05
See jan, i knew we had a lot in common. even the same "medical" condition - batts-apausal. at least you will be cured before me. but i think i will just savour the malady and be pleased to see the recovery of others. i do however think that photos of BT's would be a significant aid to the recovery of this poor sufferer. and i notice there has been a distinct drying up of that medicine. c'mon guys, how about giving poor angie a transfusion before she expires? angie
AnswerID: 558255

Our Sponsors