Dont Weld Anything!

Submitted: Monday, Mar 17, 2003 at 05:30
ThreadID: 119829 Views:4222 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
When adding extras to your BT, legs ect, dont weld to the RHS chassie. You will burn the gal off the inside thus leading to rush in the future. BT goes to the trouble of getting these things galvanised to dont undo their good work. Most of these items can be bolted on fitted another way. You want your investment to last!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Monday, Mar 17, 2003 at 05:32

Monday, Mar 17, 2003 at 05:32
When I went back to Bushtracker with the problem of not being able to fit Weight Distribution Bars because the jockey wheel was mounted to far forward, they had no hesitation in grinding off the old one, and welding a new bracket on further back. We I went to an engineering place to have the support legs bolted on, I was advised that they should be welded on, and not bolted, because drilling holes through the chassis would weaken it.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 558295

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Mar 17, 2003 at 05:33

Monday, Mar 17, 2003 at 05:33
Your right Brian, never drill into the chassis. We made brackets that bolt onto the rear tow hooks for the legs, and used two 'u' bolts to secure the front legs, same with the jockey wheel. Be sure not to block the whole tow hook just in case.
AnswerID: 558296

Our Sponsors