That Flat Jockey Wheel Tyre

Submitted: Friday, Mar 21, 2003 at 03:37
ThreadID: 119831 Views:3940 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
After speaking to a friend last night on his return from a 10,000k Bushtracker journey I've decided to solid fill my jockey wheel tyre. I'm sick of pumping the thing up every few weeks or so ..... John had his filled and said " It's had a good workout and he wouldn't go back"

I dont' know if everyone has the tyre done or not but here is the info from where John R. had his done ....

The process involves letting the tyre down and while still on the rim injecting it with a rubber compound that cures solid. The cure time takes about 48hrs and the tyre is rotated during this period. It renders the the tyre puncture proof and negates the need to ever put air in it again. The guys told me that they have done alot of aircraft trolley tyres for the Aust Air Force in Timor and the Aust SAS as testiment to the quality and toughness of the process.
The tyre weighs 3kg after filling therefore adding a couple of kilo which is fine considering the weight of the jockey wheel assembly.

The people to see are .... Darra Tyre Service at 5 Station Ave. Darra (Bris)
07 3375 3366 Kevin or Rodney
I have negotiated a SPECIAL PRICE for BOG members .... John paid $35.00. If you say you are from BOG the price is $30.25 including GST. for our standard 4.10/3.50-4 jockey tyre.

Those away from Bris should be able to courier it to Darra Tyre Service and back.
Regards
Anthony
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Our Sponsors