Submitted: Sunday, Mar 23, 2003 at 01:16
ThreadID: 119834 Views:4706 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all. I can't afford a Bushtracker at the moment so have settled on a 2 year old 15' Supreme Getaway off-road caravan as the next step on my journey. Previously had a Trak Shak off-road camping trailer and before that lots of tenting. So I'm moving up the comfort ladder. I am interested in finding out all manner of 'things' about off-road caravanning and am happy to share my experiences with the Supreme. Caravan weighs in at about 2000kg loaded and has a 220kg ball weight. Towing vehicle is a 2002 GU Patrol, 4.2TD. Only dirt road trips so far are Willandra Station and the Watagans, both in NSW. We live in NSW on the outskirts of Canberra. Cheers Kevin
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Turist - Sunday, Mar 23, 2003 at 01:18

Sunday, Mar 23, 2003 at 01:18
Welcome to the site, and congrats on buying the second best van.
Turist
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 558322

Reply By: Deleted User - Sunday, Mar 23, 2003 at 01:19

Sunday, Mar 23, 2003 at 01:19
Welcome to the group Kev. Speaking of new members my BT kindred spirits John and Cheryl have just returned from a trip round southern Aus. They collected a few names of people with BTs' that wanted to join in the group. I have contacted most of them by phone or e-mail and welcome the following ....

John and Cheryl
Ken and Jacki
Hugh and Patricia
Kath and Arnold
Rob and Kay
Howard and Simone
Paul and Kerri

The locations vary from Exmouth to Mareeba. Feel free to pop in and just say G'day everyone we're a friendly lot. On behalf of the originators of the group, in your travels, when chatting with another BT owner tell them about the BOG's and the net location.
Regards
Anthony
AnswerID: 558323

Reply By: Deleted User - Sunday, Mar 23, 2003 at 01:20

Sunday, Mar 23, 2003 at 01:20
Thanks Turist, I'd like to hear why you consider the Supreme Getaway the 'second best' off-road van, ahead of say Trakmaster, Phoenix, Elross, etc. Not that I disagree with you - just curious. Cheers Kevin
AnswerID: 558324

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Sunday, Mar 23, 2003 at 01:21

Sunday, Mar 23, 2003 at 01:21
Well done John and Cheryl (and Anthony) for helping to swell the ranks of the BOGGERS. And a big welcome to all the new members. Don't be shy. Introduce yourselves and don't forget those photos. Because Angie luuuuurves photos!! Angie
AnswerID: 558325

Reply By: Turist - Sunday, Mar 23, 2003 at 01:22

Sunday, Mar 23, 2003 at 01:22
G'Day Big Kev
It's a sort of all encompassing statement to cover all eventualities and remain politically correct and not upset people.
It's just that I consider that any other van is second best when you hav a Bushtracker.
And now I suppose I'm in an even deeper puddle of brown stuff.
Regards
Turist
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 558326

Our Sponsors