van layouts

Submitted: Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 04:08
ThreadID: 119842 Views:4104 Replies:8 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
hi everyone, i am still "tweak-looking" at layouts and would appreciate receiving or having posted in a folder here the layout from your van with any suggestions as to what would fit better where. If your layout is on the BT site, please let me know which one it is so I can ask questions if you are willing to answer them. I already have a couple of peoples and they're great but just want to keep seeing options to make sure I can fit it all in as this will be our permanent home. Angie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 04:10

Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 04:10
Angie some people go for a his and her layout…………her inside and him outside………………………. with the dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nomad

AnswerID: 558380

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 04:11

Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 04:11
Hehehehehehe !!! Another laugh for the day !!
My wife reckons I'm just a big kid so I went for the "Kiddy Layout" us on the inside and kids outside in a tent. Maybe that's 3 girls in BT and 1 boy in tent with an old pillow and a smelly sheet !!!
Anthony
AnswerID: 558381

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 04:12

Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 04:12
Well thankyou to both Nomad and Anthony for their "intelligent" answers. Glad to have provided some mirth in these days of misery caused by everyone going off to Cania Gorge without us!! Nomad - by the time hubby and I end up living together daily instead of after hours he might just prefer your suggested layout. Anthony - Sounds like you have a similar arrangement. And I reckon that the girls have got it sussed pretty well. If you really behave yourself and pamper them the way they should be then you may get to sleep inside on the mat. OK. Any other takers? Angie
AnswerID: 558382

Reply By: Jeff & Melba - Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 04:13

Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 04:13
Hey Angie. Your probly lookin for somthing a bit bigger than this but any questions are more than welcome...
AnswerID: 558383

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 04:14

Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 04:14
Jeff, thankyou, but a bit bigger than what?? Angie
AnswerID: 558384

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 04:15

Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 04:15
ARRR sorry Angie, that attachment didn't work. We have a BT18. Ill post the layout in the photo section. Again any Q's welcome :) Jeff
AnswerID: 558385

Reply By: Turist - Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 04:16

Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 04:16
Angie will you and Jeff please keep to the forum guidlines. There are "R" rated sites for this type of conversation. Tut Tut :-)

Van layouts are the most contentious subject you can raise. Everyone has thier own personal requirements.
When we were ordering BT #1 I made a CAD program and entered all possible combinations to find what looked to be the most space efficient.
When we visited the factory there was a van almost finished with the design we thought looked best on paper.
We hated it. Selected something totally different which also happened to be the layout Tracey reccommended in the first place.
Walk through some vans and you get a much better feel, then select your basic layout and add your required extras.
We saw one van on our last visit that had a divided off bedroom. Felt like standing inside a small box to us but that owner probably loves it.
Regards
Turist
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 558386

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 04:17

Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 04:17
Turist, Steve said we should wait until we got to the factory as we would probably see something we prefer, but I thought I should have some sort of idea in my head. I have a downloaded CAD program but when I type in my starting size it doesn't give me that so I gave up trying to design something on paper and figure thats what I am paying BT all that money for. I have a "rough sketch". Besides this might be my last chance to "re-arrange" the furniture in the house. Adam / Jeff (bit confused about that name change) - your layout has an across the van bed but we will be looking for an islander. The rest of the van looks pretty good. Ensuite down the back etc. Has anyone seen a van where the Ensuite is not down in the back corner? I see BT have examples in their layouts but wonder about how the owners have found the practicality of it all. I like the idea of the settee down the back but may find it a luxury to have in a permanent home where we may need the cupboard space. Angie
AnswerID: 558387

Our Sponsors