Has Anthony Got A New Camera?

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 05, 2003 at 06:09
ThreadID: 119850 Views:7976 Replies:8 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Nice pics mate, didja shout yourself that new digital?
(Camera that is) :-)
Turist
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, Apr 05, 2003 at 06:11

Saturday, Apr 05, 2003 at 06:11
Nah!! No such luck !! I put all the right forms in to the "Boss" for a camera. Came back ... please resubmit in triplicate. Did that ! Came back stamped .... in big red letters mind you ...
"Not a prerequisite as this stage" What does that mean ? At this stage in her life my meagre existence does not require a digicam. Sigh !!! <sarcasm off>

Had friend drop over with a new Digital SLR .... test it on my BT pal .... which he did. Downloaded it into his laptop ... compressed images .... e-mailed them to me half hour later .... all 45 of them .... burnt them onto a cd-rom via laptop as well .... dropped cd over next morning !! Sheesh !!! I gotta catch up !! Imagine having that on a big trip in a BT even a small trip. He also has Trackranger software in laptop showing position in Aust via GPS live on a map. I said to him " Dont need that, this is an Island, just turn 180 degrees every time you see water ... bound to find home sooner or later ! < Bourke and Wills Grin >

Anthony

AnswerID: 558443

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, Apr 05, 2003 at 06:12

Saturday, Apr 05, 2003 at 06:12
Anthony, you are right about our living on an island. I always reckoned when I used to fly aeroplanes that if you had enough fuel on board you could always reach a landmark. Kiwis and Brits have no need to carry as much fuel. My advice about a digicam…..get something that will fit in a shirt pocket and you wont be dissappointed.

Nomad

AnswerID: 558444

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Saturday, Apr 05, 2003 at 06:13

Saturday, Apr 05, 2003 at 06:13
agree about the lovely new pics anthony- they're great thankyou. maybe you need to ask swmbo what it would take to get the new digital. might just be a foot massage would do the trick!! angie p.s. alternatively, you could always buy her one for Mothers Day! Just so she could take photos of her precious family you understand
AnswerID: 558445

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, Apr 05, 2003 at 06:14

Saturday, Apr 05, 2003 at 06:14
Anthony, About that GPS software, I use a program called 'TRAX' Its a GPS enabled moving map that tells you distances, road names, and other useful info. It even tells you where all those nasty lil speed cameras are! Its a free download from http://www.maptrax.com.au/trax.htm all you need is a laptop and a hand held GPS to find out how far you can go without running out of fuel or getting booked!
AnswerID: 558446

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, Apr 05, 2003 at 06:15

Saturday, Apr 05, 2003 at 06:15
This message has been deleted by the manager or assistant manager.
AnswerID: 558447

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, Apr 05, 2003 at 06:16

Saturday, Apr 05, 2003 at 06:16
G'Day Angie,
Ya back from the front .... <smile>

Asked Boss (Cindy) what it would take ! As she was walking down hallway I heard her mumble sumthin about "All the trees in the world couldn't produce enough paper and the ink from 10,000 squid couldn't fill in enough forms ..... <reflex smile>

Last five birthday presents for wife ....

Right Angle Air Die Grinder with Bits
Mig Welder
Molnar Car Hoist
Another Torque Wrench
Iwata HVLP Spray Gun

Last five " Mothers Day" presents ....

White Wings Pancakes and cuppa tea

So you see why I cant get camera for Mothers day !!! <flowery smile> She would know sumthin was up ........ !!!!!!! <Hehehehehehehe !>

Anthony
AnswerID: 558448

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Saturday, Apr 05, 2003 at 06:17

Saturday, Apr 05, 2003 at 06:17
Well Anthony old chap, I can see a real dilemma here. But we give our clients two pieces of advice in relation to their recovery: 1) What goes around, comes around 2) They will get out of life what they put into it Unfortunately it looks like the white wings pancakes and cuppa have run their course. lol. Still, it's never too late to change. Angie
AnswerID: 558449

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, Apr 05, 2003 at 06:18

Saturday, Apr 05, 2003 at 06:18
Angie quipped ...

Unfortunately it looks like the white wings pancakes and cuppa have run their course. lol. Still, it's never too late to change.

I know Angie it would be remiss of me not to change ... I was only saying yesterday that the pancakes and tea were getting a bit cloying. <syrupy grin> So I'm changing to Muffins and Coffee !!! <Arabica smirk>

Like I really have a say " three femme fatales" V one " mere male ! How about a weekend away in BT for mothers day .... muffins cooked in BT oven ... pot of coffee on fire outside !
Now this has the girls attention !!!

Regards
Anthony

AnswerID: 558450

Our Sponsors