Forewarned is Forearmed

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 19, 2003 at 00:23
ThreadID: 119861 Views:3702 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
In the May 2003 edition of Caravan World, there is an article about a trip on the Gibb River Road. The author refers to meeting with Tim and Thalia Dawson in Kunnanurra and then the two rigs travelled to Derby. Tim and Thalia had a 21' Bushtracker. I seem to remember them being featured in a BT review some time ago. Anyway, the article contains a photo headed "First-Aid for the Bushtracker" and it seems to show a brake assembly being pulled apart. The only other mention is the last para in the article which says, "Our journey came to and end as welimped into Derby to have the Bushtracker repaired" Does anyone have any info on what the breakdown was? It would be interesting to learn in advance so that if there was some preventative action, we are informed in advance
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Turist - Saturday, Apr 19, 2003 at 00:25

Saturday, Apr 19, 2003 at 00:25
The Dawsons originate from the Sunshine Coast area and are "friends of a friend of a friend" of mine.
Unfortunately my friend is touring Victoria at the moment and does not have thier contact details with him.
I should have the contact number around 1st week of May and if no prior contact I will call them.
Like the other BT owners I am also curious as to the nature of the problem.
From the photo in the magazine it looks like a brake problem, no need to strip the brake assembly for wheel bearings or any other problem that I can think of.
Regards
Turist
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

AnswerID: 558518

Reply By: Turist - Saturday, Apr 19, 2003 at 00:26

Saturday, Apr 19, 2003 at 00:26
I managed to get in touch with Tim & Thalia last night and gave the an invite to join the BOG.
I am sure that we will hear from them soon and they may tell us what happened.
Turist
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

AnswerID: 558519

Our Sponsors