Bushtracker Toilet

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 26, 2003 at 23:38
ThreadID: 119873 Views:4180 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We also started with a shovel each, Jan. I remember one trip to Fraser Island cica 90. My wife and I positioned a large log for a seat high up on a dune. Most days we went up together sat on the log did our business while shark spotting in the surf.
Most people dont discuss the "toilet" but I'm a realist it doesnt worry me. Everyone has to contend with it though. I'll try to be tactful. <smile>

We keep a Coles spray bottle with a 40/60 mix of top tank additive and water in the cupboard above dunny. A spray of this just before number 2's makes the bowl very slippery so much less to clean. Any "marks" can be cleaned by turning nozzle of spray bottle to jet and spraying mark away ... very hygienic.
The eldest child has this down to a fine art and leaves no mess at all. She says she times it and opens bowl disc at the critical moment and nuffin touches the side.
My aim aint that good (typical male according to boss) use spray jet again.
Dont expect dunny to flush like normal dunny its only a very small pump outlet and the more you pump the quicker the the tank fills.
To clean bowl every day or so I dont use a brush ... too abrasive on plastic bowl and too hard to store hygienically in van. I have a box of latex gloves and pop one on to clean bowl with just some dunny roll and top tank additive spray bottle. Paper goes into bottom tank peel latex glove off put in bin. Works well and doesnt scratch bowl. Tank doesnt fill up with cleaning water. If the pump ever plays up you can still use dunny just use spray bottle to clean bowl in fact most times we dont have to flush just use spray bottle. That way the tank takes heaps longer to fill. We get about five days use with two adults and two kids parked somewhere with no dunnies. I have two bottom tanks on board so have a spare. I have stored one full in back of F250 til arriving home that gives us 10 days without digging holes. I have fitted an external sewerage inlet at home and pour contents down that when home. A quick rinse with hose 100mls of bottom tank additive in, slosh about ... ready for next trip.

Hope this is helpful .... for tabu subject !! <smile> Bushtracker en suite should have a waterproof magazine rack ! Hehehehehe !!

Anthony
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Luvntravln - Saturday, Apr 26, 2003 at 23:40

Saturday, Apr 26, 2003 at 23:40
Very helpful! Damn, should have gone to Bombadier School instead of Pilot's Training. Will have to practice before moving aboard in May. Cheers, tgintl/Jay
AnswerID: 558589

Our Sponsors