Mirror In Ensuite

Submitted: Saturday, May 03, 2003 at 02:01
ThreadID: 119903 Views:4087 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
The waterproof locker door in the ensuite is available with a mirror insert.
Saves installing a mirror later.
Turist
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Wadefarers - Saturday, May 03, 2003 at 02:03

Saturday, May 03, 2003 at 02:03
Turist If you already have one fitted without the mirror, how can you either change it over or get a mirror fitted. I couldn't find a way to get the door off!!!! Jeff
AnswerID: 558696

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, May 03, 2003 at 02:04

Saturday, May 03, 2003 at 02:04
G'day Jeff,

If you look and the hinge closely you will see a parting line at one end of the hinge. I think a brass pin is inserted and the hinge clip pressed on .... as usual these look like single use and would prob break if prised apart because of a one way barb.

The door panel is held in by little metal clips with what looks like a single use barb again. If I could see one apart I could look at clip and maybe make little tool to release barb. The surround looks like it is glued in so you might be able to replace whole unit and reglue new one with mirror back in .....

In the end I got a piece of mirror cut and attached it to wall outside ensuite with 3M double sided tape.

You could also get a piece of mirror cut to fit in door area. I would still use double sided tape to attach as this would allow mirror backing coating to breathe. Rather than cut around handle you could just square it off to handle edge .... much cheaper.

Regards
Anthony
AnswerID: 558697

Our Sponsors