new pics from brian

Submitted: Saturday, May 03, 2003 at 03:25
ThreadID: 119905 Views:4223 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
oh dear, they are not quite the sort of pictures i was looking for, but they tell the story very well brian. and that is the same Bushtracker as you have now, but all repaired and on the road? I'm glad you were both okay after that. Angie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Andy1 - Saturday, May 03, 2003 at 03:27

Saturday, May 03, 2003 at 03:27
Brian Hope never to have similar photos! Posting these shots is an excellent warning to all of us that we must set up our rigs very carefully. With the water tanks setup like that & no additional weight on the draw bar you were just an accident waiting to happen. When we collected our van, first we had ever towed, we drove very carefully to the Forest Glen Caravan Park & weighed with ball scales - 112kg! Another accident waiting to happen. Fortunately our three batteries are under the bed so that may have helped a bit. We now travel with about 260-280 on the ball but this is after fitting, on the A-frame, a toolbox which carries the boat fuel tank & Honda 10i plus fitting two jerry cans (the German manufactured) which we mostly keep full. Additionally I lined the hold with about 50kg of ply. Paul tells me that BT now fill the front water tanks when vans are collected - this helps but the second tank adds little to the tow ball if the long draw bar is installed. I urge any new BT owner, especially if long draw bar fitted, to invest in a set of ball scales & if the ball weight is below the 160-180kg range fill the front hold with booze. Later when the Hitches are fitted get the ball weight up to around 250kg. The alternative is to buy a digital camera so that they can post another set of warning photos when the inevitable happens! Andy
AnswerID: 558698

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Saturday, May 03, 2003 at 03:28

Saturday, May 03, 2003 at 03:28
We now have our drinking water tank at the front, because you always try to keep plenty of drinking water, and we moved the batteries from under the seats above axle, to under the bed at the front at front of van.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 558699

Our Sponsors