Bushtrackin' By Amy (8 years old)

Submitted: Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 08:10
ThreadID: 119920 Views:4512 Replies:7 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,
My name is Amy, and last weekend my family and I went camping to Bigriggan in our BT. We had loads of fun and we saw two big horses, dark brown and white with big brown spots. I made two friends Ben and Bailey. They are six and four year olds. Everytime we go camping in the BT I have so much fun !
See ya !

PS While we were around the campfire a possum came and tried to steal our
marshmellows !
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motley - Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 08:12

Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 08:12
I can almost SEE the next Bushtracker advertisement. This isn't exploitation of child labour is it Anthony???
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 558775

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 08:13

Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 08:13
Now if the ad had Amy holding a cute puppy named Toby ..... therefore an ad going straight to the fathers wallet !!! We would both be in for a discount on future BTs.
<JohnSingletongrin>

Anthony
AnswerID: 558776

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 08:14

Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 08:14
Hello Amy, how lovely of you to post this message for us all telling us of your weekend. Thankyou for doing that. Its not often we get to hear of Bushtrackin' from a childs perspective. Usually we have to listen to the Dad's telling us how good they are with all the cooking. What is your Dad like? We have a picture of your Bushtracker and set up on our laptop page so we can see you and your sister and Mum playing out the front of the Bushtracker. I guess Dad took the photo? My husband and I live in London and we are waiting to order our Bushtracker so that we can get out and do all the things that your family loves to do and see. And we want to have lots of fun in our BT like you do but we wont just be going for holidays in ours as it will be our permanent home and we will live in it all the time. I hope the possum didn't steal all the marshmallows. In the park near our house we have some lovely squirrels. I took a photo of one on my new digital camera last Monday so I will send it to you. Well, one day maybe we will meet you and your family in your Bushtracker while we are out travelling in ours. Keep well, and make sure Dad behaves. Angie
AnswerID: 558777

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 08:15

Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 08:15
Dear Angie,

Thank you for the picture of the squirrel. At school I'm in the choir and here is one of the songs that we are learning called Australia. My dad told me you were coming back for a visit so I thought you would like the words.

Merino sheep, the Barrier Reef
Blue skies and smiling faces
The Olgas and the great outback
The big wide open spaces
Sun and surf and sand and sea
The things that mean so much to me
Are all right here where they're meant to be
In the land we call Australia

Chorus
We've got Ayers Rock
The Flying Doc
We've got the lot ..... Australia
We've got the Didgeridoo
Kangaroo
Me and you .....Australia ..... Australia

By the way my dads behaving quite fine <smiling face>

Best Regards
Amy
AnswerID: 558778

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 08:16

Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 08:16
Amy, Thankyou for responding to my posting. Glad you liked the picture of the squirrel. I have bought a new camera for my trip home soon and I was having a lot of fun practicing with it. Maybe Mum or Dad can show you on a map just where my husband and I are living here in London. My husband drives double decker buses which are not even as long as your van and vehicle together. Thankyou also for posting the words of the song you are singing at school. I like the words very much and it is easy for me to picture the things you are singing about. I particularly like the lines "The things that mean so much to me, are all right here where they're meant to be, in the land we call Australia". There are lots of people over here who really would love to either live in or visit Australia. There are many children who don't go very far from where they are living and there are lots of children living in apartment flats and dont have a lot of playing area where they live. Some of them dont even live near a park and so they cant even play footy or cricket or run about as their flat is surrounded by busy roads. You are very lucky that your mum and dad take you away camping. I think it will be very nice for us to come home next year and have our Bushtracker and F250 to travel around in, and it will certainly mean more to us because of the things we have seen and done over here. Please tell me some more about your travels. I enjoy hearing about them. Does your dad really behave or did he type that note on the bottom of your message himself? He is very funny. Regards back to you and your family Angie
AnswerID: 558779

Reply By: Andy1 - Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 08:17

Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 08:17
Hello Amy We finally arrived home on Sunday after 3 months Bushtracking with Pru sleeping in the back of the F250 where we showed you. On the subject of possums, we stayed at a lovely caravan park just across the River Murray from Mildura where there were plenty of big gum trees & plenty of amazingly tame possums. So tame that you could feed them by hand & actually pet them. One of the camp locals told me that the park was long established & many of the possums had co-existed with people all of their lives. Rather unique really as normally you have to be vey careful if you get close not to recieve a nasty scratch. Unfortunately, as Jude is flying to Brisbane for her dental appointment next week, home on the same day, we will not be at the Caravan Show with you & Dad to meet Angie, make sure you take a camera & post her photo, high heels & all, on the web page - we are all very curious. We will see you at Canya. Andy & Jude PS Tell Dad that the F250 is now a dream to drive after the steering alignment & the steering damper he fitted.
AnswerID: 558780

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 08:18

Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 08:18
Dear Mr. Smith,

I hate to tell you this, but I won't be going to the caravan show because I have an excursion. Grade 4 will be going to the Jewish Synagogue and St Stephen's Cathedral. It was very nice of you to come over our place. <smile> I have got a stinking cold and it's sooo annoying!!
This makes it very hard to play my saxophone, though I manage. And I have a concert on the 2nd of June. I'm really looking forward to going to Cania Gorge! We're going bushtracking on the long weekend.

Yours Sincerely,
AMY (Bushtrackin' Girl).
Andy
I'm gunna give camera a workout, at the show, that's for sure .... Amy has requested plenty of pics !
Anthony
AnswerID: 558781

Our Sponsors