Landcruiser - CB installation

Submitted: Saturday, May 10, 2003 at 05:27
ThreadID: 119928 Views:4229 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Those with the 100 Series will know there are no easy places to mount a CB handset. My installation often generates interest, so I have included a pic under "CB Installations". (I am sure others will have other suggestions they might want to share as well). Dashboard pod was supplied and fitted by a company called "Department of the Interior", Carlton NSW (02) 9546 7914. They can vary the layout (eg put speaker on top, and then mount 2 radios in the one pod, or add a recessed console (eg for high mounting of the brake controller - which I wish I had done, instead of reaching down below the steering wheel for manual o/ride on steep hills). Radio in the pic is the small GME UHF model.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, May 10, 2003 at 05:29

Saturday, May 10, 2003 at 05:29
G'Day Flipp, I have a dash pod fitted to my GQ Patrol. It houses HF radio face unit. These pods are simpily a wood box fitted and covered to fit into your cars interior, and they are great! Looking at yours you could probly move the speaker to the top, or perhaps to a remote model to make room to fit your brake controller. Pull it apart and have a geeze. No harm in looking.
AnswerID: 558809

Reply By: Wadefarers - Saturday, May 10, 2003 at 05:30

Saturday, May 10, 2003 at 05:30
Flipp As one considering a 100 Series, I wondered why you went for the dashboard pod rather than the roof console type that fits from the rear view mirror back. I guess there was a reason.?? However, I do like the idea of the brake controller on the dash pod. Jeff
AnswerID: 558810

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, May 10, 2003 at 05:31

Saturday, May 10, 2003 at 05:31
I have an electric sunroof, and not sure if overheads can be fitted with these as there is not much room. Also, have heard stories that overheads can sag after a while, but it is possible that this might be a myth?
AnswerID: 558811

Reply By: Motley - Saturday, May 10, 2003 at 05:32

Saturday, May 10, 2003 at 05:32
Just to offer another alternative. II bought a GME TX3400 with the remote head. The Remote head is attached by a small, concealed bracket to the handle of the ash tray on the 100 Series, with the body of the radio buried up behind the dash. If I remove it, there are no holes visible.
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 558812

Our Sponsors