Bushtracker Owners Group Discounts

Submitted: Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 22:26
ThreadID: 119937 Views:4258 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Greetings all,

I rang Camec this morning and spoke to Brett Maskell the retail manager to discuss a discount on their products. He stated all van clubs groups get a 10% discount straight off
the shelf price. Just mention you are a member of B.O.G. before you pay. He said the same applies to phone orders/mail orders.

Vehicle Components in Brisbane also look after BT owners price and service wise. As most know they manufacture the AT35 coupling, stabiliser legs for BTs and I've just ordered a Maco Mule jockey wheel. Makes the al-ko product redundant ... Maco ratchet wheel has a 1000kg rating and a wider tyre.

Spoke to Camp Mart Manager in Bris ... he says up to 10% on selected items on production of members card.

Just as reminder Darra Tyre Service offer a discount on the price of solid filling the jockey wheel tyre. See details in Hints and Tips.

Might be time for a members card ? By the sound of it most places will give discount just by mentioning you are in B.O.G. Now lets see 10% for cash ... 10% for group ...

Regards
Anthony
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 22:28

Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 22:28
Hmmmmm, if only the group knew a friendly printer who would make some Bogger identification cards up for us. I wonder where we could find someone like that? What do you think Graham and Jan - know anyone like that? Angie
AnswerID: 558864

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 22:29

Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 22:29
Yes, a card stating I was Certifiably (BT) Insane certainly would save a lot of explanation. Probably needs a camel as a mascot (you know, Ships of the Desert, Land Yachts and so on). Good one again, Anthony. Speaking of discounts, I would assumehope that it would be cheaper still getting as much stuff/mods as poss direct through BT - assuming their OEM buy price would allow them to be generous in passing on discounts to us poor BOGGERS?? For example, I am thinking of changing the spec on the gas bottles to those colourful, light weight fibreglass creations from those cleaver Swedes (now handled by Camec, as it turns out). Also looking at jockey wheels, Trail-a-Mates, Mules etc. Be nice to have a bit of a confab on the various options prior to final spec. Keep it rolling Griff
AnswerID: 558865

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 22:30

Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 22:30
Griff, I don't know if technically BT could be seen to be always the cheapest option when it came to options. I saw some Kyocera 120w Solar Panels a little cheaper from the same people that BT buy them from and emailed BT that if I bought them and had them delivered would they store them and then use them on our van when we have it built. The reply was that if they buy and fit then they are covered under BT's warranty, but if anything went wrong with the panel itself if I bought it then I would have to deal with the person I bought them from. Hubby and I came up with the end thinking that, particularly in our case, living so far away and trying to organise it all to be ready by the time we come home, we would rather try and get BT to do as much as possible. I think its all swings and roundabouts in the end. Angie
AnswerID: 558866

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 22:31

Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 22:31
I have just replied to this post to bring it forward .... Anthony
AnswerID: 558867

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 22:32

Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 22:32
Bringing it forward for what purpose Anthony? As a reminder about the need for some sort of Bogger Identification Card? Angie
AnswerID: 558868

Our Sponsors