Quo Vadis?

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 19, 2003 at 21:57
ThreadID: 119985 Views:2398 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Pluralist Liberal Democracies are complex beasts, in the end any personal view expressed reflects the sum an an individuals beliefs albeit within the constraints of personal knowledge & experience. Sometimes we state views that are not supported by the Laws of Physics & sometimes offer opinions that are a contravention of the Legal System under which we live. Our social mores differ, what is offensive language to one, is normal conversation to another - within the generally accepted limitations of offensive or inappropriate language there can be scope for great disagreement. Language is in the eye of the beholder, having spent all of a working life in Sugar Mills & Alumina Refineries I do not speak the language of the Supreme Court but the love & use of Language - in all of its forms - is part of the love of life: "Stone walls do not a prison make' Nor iron bars a cage: Minds innocent and quiet take That for a hermitage; If I have freedom in my love, And in my soul am free, Angels alone, that soar above, Enjoy such liberty" Rather than see the Forum die, can we turn back the clock, pretend that things are as they were & start again?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Jun 19, 2003 at 21:59

Thursday, Jun 19, 2003 at 21:59
Wilde - Andy!
Collyn
AnswerID: 559020

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Jun 19, 2003 at 22:00

Thursday, Jun 19, 2003 at 22:00
This message has been deleted by the manager or assistant manager.
AnswerID: 559021

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Jun 19, 2003 at 22:01

Thursday, Jun 19, 2003 at 22:01
Andy, as has been pontificated many times past, "The whole is always greater than the sum of the parts". Lets move on and THINK POSITIVE, for it's later than we think. We look to the future and NEVER look back. We will be assembling at CANIA in Sept with all the mystery and wonder that puts a face to a name. I and Mrs Nomad look forward to meeting yawl. Andy, I and Mrs Nomad concur absolutely with your posting . Mr and Mrs Nomad
AnswerID: 559022

Reply By: Andy1 - Thursday, Jun 19, 2003 at 22:02

Thursday, Jun 19, 2003 at 22:02
While it is true that: "The moving finger writes; and having writ, Moves on; Nor all thy piety nor wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a line, Nor all thy tears erase a word of it" Sometimes we can turn back the clock a little. Welcome back Griff.
AnswerID: 559023

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Jun 19, 2003 at 22:03

Thursday, Jun 19, 2003 at 22:03
Thanks, Andy, much appreciate. Nice to be home Griff
AnswerID: 559024

Our Sponsors