More Storage Ideas

Submitted: Friday, Jun 20, 2003 at 03:03
ThreadID: 119986 Views:2529 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have loaded two photos in Motleys Pics showing a couple more storage ideas. The first is for an Abrolga Satellite Dish. I have reinforced the walls and floor of the Cargo Hold and Under Bed storage with 7 ply, so that I can fix hooks clips etc. Then built a "tray" lined with rubber that take the dish. By chance, the depth of the tray is exactly the depth of the cargo hold. So the dish doesn't encroach in the under bed storage and sits high enough not to restrict access in the cargo hold. It actually takes up space that would have been difficult to use any other way. Speaking uf unused space, I found an ideal storage spot for 14 bottles of wine. Glued Armaflex rubber tube to a long strip of rubber forming a bottle storage unit which fits under our bench seat in the space between thre front of the bench and the wheel arch. Off to continue the search for more "hidey holes"
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Jun 20, 2003 at 03:05

Friday, Jun 20, 2003 at 03:05
Pete,
I have done a very similar thing in both cases. For the dish, I didn't have to cut any woodwork. Just put 2 aluminium angles (100 x 75) across the cargo hold, glued carpet onto them, and the dish slides perfectly into place. Mine goes in "dish up".
As for the wine cellar, I used 15 lengths of 90mm PVC storm water pipe, 180mm long in the same location beside the wheel arch. The bottles won't move or tip over, even when there's only a few left (Time to buy another doz.)
Cheers........Rob
AnswerID: 559025

Our Sponsors