Insurance on HF Radios

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 22, 2003 at 05:19
ThreadID: 119989 Views:2845 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone know for sure what the insurance situation for HF radios is? Is it covered by the Motor Vehicle Policy? If for example, I hit a 'roo and break the antenna, is it covered? If the antenna or for that matter, the whole radio is stolen, or the car is wrecked, does the M/V Policy cover it? If the answer to these questions is yes, did you get explicit coverage for the value of the radio and all its bit and pieces? If the answer is no, how have people arranged insurance? These questions have been prompted by a very frustrating 45 minute "yes, no, maybe" conversation with my Insurer, RACV. Any further info much appreciated.

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Sunday, Jun 22, 2003 at 05:21

Sunday, Jun 22, 2003 at 05:21
My F250 is insured through TCIS Insurance Brokers under written by CGU. You have to be a member or affiliate member of the Aust National Four Wheel Drive Council. I qualify to use them because VKS737, (HF Network) of which I am a member, is affiliated with the ANFFWDC. My Codan (inc aerial) is covered under my listed accessories. My details are as follows .... It is an agreed value policy not market value ....Agreed value ...$87,126 of that my accessories are covered .....@ $14,586. Tray liner $464, Sports Bar $877, Tow Pack $432, Load Level Kit $495, Splash Guards $68, Headlamp Guards $72, ARB Poly Boxes $488, Quad Battery System $880, HF RADIO $3950, UHF Radio $619, Sahara Bullbar & Foglamps $1980, Spotlights $468, Window Tint $429, Side Steps $620, Aluminium Deck Lid $1200, Electronic Rustproofer $695, Dash Mat $99, Seat Covers $ 460. Rating 1 (60%bonus rating) Excess $300. Excess free Windscreen Cover. Premium is $956.23 According to ad ..... Agreed value .... All accessories included .... Full off-highway cover .... No claim bonus protection. You can get extra cover for camping equipment .... covers theft from open air ... Fire & malicious damage ... Accidental and storm damage ... Cover in vehicle at campsite. All in all quite reasonable ... I am now in second year with their cover. Toll free number is ... 1800 633 745 or Regards Anthony
AnswerID: 559031

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Sunday, Jun 22, 2003 at 05:22

Sunday, Jun 22, 2003 at 05:22
I have got the same insurance policy as Anthony and I believe everthing is covered anywhere in Austalia, on or off road. If you check with many insurance companies, they only cover you while the vehicle is on recognised roads, not 4wd tracks in the bush. This is a big plus with this company.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 559032

Our Sponsors