checklists

Submitted: Monday, Jul 07, 2003 at 05:24
ThreadID: 120007 Views:2604 Replies:7 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone have an arrival and departure checklist they use to help set up camp and with departing camp? If not, maybe we could build one up with all the expertise we have on this forum to help newbies like myself-to-be. Angie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Jul 07, 2003 at 05:26

Monday, Jul 07, 2003 at 05:26
Hi Angie! Great idea if some of the old hands could develope a specific BT Checklist. Maybe as a starting reference point you could have a look at :- groups.msn.com/Caravanersforum and then go to 'Before Moving Off'; 'Pre-Trip Preparation; and then 'Documents', then explore 'Planning your first big trip' and 'Camper packing List'. Some useful stuff possibly Regards Griff
AnswerID: 559095

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Monday, Jul 07, 2003 at 05:27

Monday, Jul 07, 2003 at 05:27
yes thanks griff, thats the sort of thing i am thinking of. friends of mine have a small checklist for "his and hers" duties to do and I think it will take us a little while to get in the swing of things. I don't particularly want to have an expensive mistake e.g. forgetting to lock the awning in place when a checklist might have helped quite easily. Angie
AnswerID: 559096

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Jul 07, 2003 at 05:28

Monday, Jul 07, 2003 at 05:28
This is the list I use specifically for BT . Had it from day one and it has saved my bacon more than once ..... it is plastic coated and sits in my trip prep folder and one in console of F Truck. Four Seasons Vent - Closed Fridge - Locked Cupboard doors - Locked Windows - Locked Water Pumps -Off Ensuite Vents - Closed Stove Top - Secure Van Door - Secure Waterproof Door - Secure Cargo Doors - Secure Cassette Door - Locked Water Tank Fills - Locked Hitch Pin - Secure Coupling pin - Secure Chains - Attached Breakaway - Attached 7 Pin Plug - Attached Camera Plug - Attached Weight Bars - Attached Jockey wheel - Secure Handbrake - Off Wheel Chocks - Removed Gas Bottles - Off Spare Wheels - Secure Stone Deflector - Secure Outside Shower - Locked Tyre Pressures - Ok Wheel Nuts - Secure Lights - Checked Water Tanks - Checked Hot Water Switch - Off Circuit Breakers - Off Van Steps - Up
AnswerID: 559097

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Monday, Jul 07, 2003 at 05:29

Monday, Jul 07, 2003 at 05:29
Anthony, do you and Cindy share this list of duties, or does Cindy focus on getting the girls organised and leave you to it? Would there be benefit in splitting into an indoor and outdoor list if Ivan and I shared the duties? Angie
AnswerID: 559098

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Monday, Jul 07, 2003 at 05:30

Monday, Jul 07, 2003 at 05:30
The hard part will be remembering where the check list is so that you can check it. Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 559099

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Jul 07, 2003 at 05:31

Monday, Jul 07, 2003 at 05:31
Hello Angie, Cindy here ... When we pack up I'm always in the van and he who must be obeyed is outside the van. We did not set out to do it that way it just happened. One thing we both do at the end is check the list separately. That way we can blame each other !! I know this seems a bit stereotypical but it seems to work. Could I trust him to put the toilet lid down ? It doesn't matter who's in or out ; there is not enough space inside to both do it. Regards Cindy
AnswerID: 559100

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Monday, Jul 07, 2003 at 05:32

Monday, Jul 07, 2003 at 05:32
Thanks Cindy, I think we will most likely operate similar to you and Anthony. But probably we will separate the lists and then arm and crosscheck cabin doors before takeoff. (oops Sorry, in preflight mode - that's wishful thinking - only 391 days to go) Angie p.s. And i don't really believe that bit about "he who must be obeyed" living at your house but we can let him dream on - after all it is 3 against 1!
AnswerID: 559101

Our Sponsors