Up-market Koolgardie Safe

Submitted: Sunday, Jul 13, 2003 at 04:49
ThreadID: 120021 Views:2768 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone have contact details for the 190ltr Fridge manfacturers (Eva Cool {as opposed to Eva Kool} CR-190 I believe)? Having trouble - not on Web(??) & White & Yellow pages no help. Queensland based I think. Thanks Griff
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Sunday, Jul 13, 2003 at 04:51

Sunday, Jul 13, 2003 at 04:51
Griff, Is there such a fridge ..... Evacool ? I've had a good look around and could not find a thing .... The only one as you know is the EvaKool eskys with a fridge compressor option. They arent too flash in dusty conditions apparently. Would it be listed in a 4x4 mag ? ..... mine go back a little. I'll check the issues with fridge tests for a listing. Anthony
AnswerID: 559159

Reply By: Deleted User - Sunday, Jul 13, 2003 at 04:52

Sunday, Jul 13, 2003 at 04:52
Thanks, Anthony. I'd never come across them either, but its what BT are currently quoting. Don't think it could be an Eva Kool as they don't seem to have anything bigger than a 110 ltr model. What do you guys have fitted? Regards Griff
AnswerID: 559160

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Sunday, Jul 13, 2003 at 04:53

Sunday, Jul 13, 2003 at 04:53
Hi Griff. I think most of us have Coolmatic which is made by Waeco. When I was at Bushtracker about 10 days ago, I spoke to Steve about the door shelves in our fridge breaking the little tags off that hold them in place. He made the comment then that they are no longer using that brand because they were having problems with their service or similar. The ones that Kedron Caravans fit in their vans appear pretty good, it is a name similar to Vitrious. You might like to contact Kedron Caravans who are in Kedron just north of Brisbane and ask what type they are using. Ours works pretty good, but we have broken the little plastic tags several times, and I have just used a fibreglass body filly to make a solid tag and reinforce shelf as one broke on rough Flinders Ranges Road (Might have been going too quick and gave it too much bounce) and it would have to be the shelf with open yogurt that spilt everywhere inside fridge. The control knob is easily bumped unless you put something over it to stop it turning. If the control is set too high ours tends to freeze the back plate and then the thermostate won't turn off. Brian Brian.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 559161

Reply By: Wadefarers - Sunday, Jul 13, 2003 at 04:54

Sunday, Jul 13, 2003 at 04:54
Griff Site on the web "portable-engel-chescold-more.com.au" features Evakool and Vitrifrigo (which is probably the one Brian is alluding to). The Evakool supply up to 215 litres according to this site. I guess you can only check it out. Regards Jeff
AnswerID: 559162

Reply By: Deleted User - Sunday, Jul 13, 2003 at 04:55

Sunday, Jul 13, 2003 at 04:55
Test post of Coolmatic HDC-190 and info ........ if it doesnt work try ... www.waeco.com/
AnswerID: 559163

Reply By: Deleted User - Sunday, Jul 13, 2003 at 04:56

Sunday, Jul 13, 2003 at 04:56
Thanks, Bruce, found it eventually on the site. Spoke to them & it seems the fridges are Italian from Indel B ( www.indelb.com ). Strangely, the size we're looking at (190 Ltr) isn't listed on their site (I think). A bit weird, but there you go. The Vitrifrigo's have a pretty good rep also, though I don't think they do this size (150ltr & 230Ltr) - can't have everything. Griff
AnswerID: 559164

Our Sponsors