Boggers into The Bungles

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 15, 2003 at 03:45
ThreadID: 120023 Views:2843 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hey has anyone ever towed their BT into the Bungle Bungles campsite? I have been there towing a trailer with no trouble, but just was wondering about the "no caravans" rule...is this a hard and fast rule or is it an advisory thing only for those who haven't got the "genuine article" for off road travel? Thanks in advance for your input. Cheers from Jan & Ian
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Tuesday, Jul 15, 2003 at 03:47

Tuesday, Jul 15, 2003 at 03:47
I thought that they had a rule NO TRAILERS. I am yet to go there at all but would love to at some stage. I suppose it is controlled by a National Park, so an enquiry with them might let you and then you can let us all know if ALL caravans are banned from entry. Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 559172

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Jul 15, 2003 at 03:48

Tuesday, Jul 15, 2003 at 03:48
Track into the Bungles is very narrow in places - also are some parts of the tracks whilst in there. No big problem with a fully off-raod camping trailer but I think you'd be pushing your luck with a BT. Track is about 55 km and takes about two and a half hours to drive.
Collyn
AnswerID: 559173

Reply By: Rockgoc - Tuesday, Jul 15, 2003 at 03:49

Tuesday, Jul 15, 2003 at 03:49
Fair enough comment from you Collyn...it's 12years since I've driven in there and had forgotten all about the narrow bits. I didn't see any 'vans in there...and frankly I wouldn't think the run-of-the-mill types would make it without falling to bits! Mind you...our trailer was made from the back end of a Datsun ute and nothing moved on the way in! It's a GREAT road to drive if you're looking for an adventure...I can really recommend it to anyone who likes a challenge. One more thing...if you have to leave the BT behind on the way in, (at the turn off) would you reckon it would be safe from thieves if you put a lock on the tow hitch? Hmmm, maybe not, as it would be there on it's own and open to all sorts of stickybeaks. Anyone know of a place in Hall's Creek which would store it for us while we are away? Regards, Jan & Ian
AnswerID: 559174

Our Sponsors