farewell to the motley crew?

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 17, 2003 at 05:27
ThreadID: 120024 Views:2754 Replies:7 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
hey pete and jan, must be about time for you guys to head off on your first adventure with the BT. How you doing? Tell Auntie Angie all the gorey (I mean glad) details about your trip preparations thus far. Angie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motley - Thursday, Jul 17, 2003 at 05:29

Thursday, Jul 17, 2003 at 05:29
Angie, We leave home (Lorne) tomorrow morning and travel to Melbourne for some last minute things and then we head off on Saturday morning. Significant lessons to date. One. Don't try and cram a house shift and trip preparations into the last two weeks before the trip. Two. Don't be tempted by the amount of space in the BT. I just seems to take evrything we throw at it. God knows how much the whole thing weighs. Glad I bought the scales for measuring ball weight. At least that give me some indication of what's going on. Three. Thought we had the van retty well set up until I saw the photo of the capuccino machine in Jan and Graham's "Baby". Bloody hell! Coffee won't taste the same for a while (at least till we get to Cania Gorge. Eh Graham?) Four. The BT fraternity are a very helpful bunch. Between advice form Anthony on attaching the new Maco Mule, advice on tyre pressures and where to stop on the Birdsville Track from Brian and a few telephone calls via HF radio from Bob (Turist) on track conditions and campsites at places we are going in Qld, it's all made life a lot easier. Hopefully can file some reports and piccies as we go. Will be at Cania Gorge and I'm sure that you'll hear more then
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 559175

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Jul 17, 2003 at 05:30

Thursday, Jul 17, 2003 at 05:30
Pete and Jan, bon voyage from us and don't forget to call when you are nearer…………….I'll make you a real coffee. How does this sound…..

'Brilliant citrusy aroma and front of mouth flavour, shading into smooth middle palate and finishing with a deep chocolate aftertaste.'

All the way from Ethiopia

Safe and happy journey

AnswerID: 559176

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Jul 17, 2003 at 05:31

Thursday, Jul 17, 2003 at 05:31
Safe trip .... see you both at Cania ! Will call for update !! Ernie wrote .... "Brilliant citrusy aroma and front of mouth flavour, shading into smooth middle palate and finishing with a deep chocolate aftertaste." After buying an orange cordial and a box of "Jaffas" at a drive in some years ago that sounds like the kissing after intermission ..... [wink] And you're trying to pass it off as coffee !!!! Anthony
AnswerID: 559177

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Thursday, Jul 17, 2003 at 05:32

Thursday, Jul 17, 2003 at 05:32
Peter and Jan, We all wish you happy trails, safe travels and no hailstorms for tomorrow and the coming days. You have both done so well to be ready for this trip after all the other chores in the past few weeks, including entertaining Angie and selling and packing up the house in Warrandyte (and I saw the house!) and then unpacking enough at Lorne to be comfortable, and then to also have to get the van ready for this great adventure. Good job you have Toby the wonder dog to keep you sane and give his licks and support through this busy time. Don't forget to breathe a sigh of relief when you finally hit the road. Call in at Shoalhaven if you are in the area to have one of those great cappuccino's. I too, was a little in awe of that machine and the grinder next to it - Anthony will have his work cut out beating the cuppas coming from Graham and Jan, but I think he will accept the challenge at Cania by the sounds of it, and take lots of photos of your bushtracker in idyllic spots for Angie. Angie
AnswerID: 559178

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Jul 17, 2003 at 05:33

Thursday, Jul 17, 2003 at 05:33
Angie, Me no fool ...... my poor little Krups will run red hot trying to keep up with that monster. Graham, You better have a silencer on that disc grinder if I hear that whirring in the morning I'll be rapping on ya door with a little white cup in my hand !!! I'll make you a deal .... you make the coffee one morning (simple espresso for me) and I'll supply the home made Panforte to go with it ... Reminds me of the time when the girls were little and very asleep .... after the neighbours looked at me funny standing outside holding a operating disc grinder, I used to put a pillow around the grinder after that so it didnt wake the baby. Talk about an espresso desperate ..... the pillow smelled wonderful ! [wink] Anthony
AnswerID: 559179

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Thursday, Jul 17, 2003 at 05:34

Thursday, Jul 17, 2003 at 05:34
Well Anthony, I guess that just means that Graham is nominated for making coffee all-round. BYO cups then. Angie
AnswerID: 559180

Reply By: F Troop - Thursday, Jul 17, 2003 at 05:35

Thursday, Jul 17, 2003 at 05:35
Hi All, Coffee at Cania no problem, but please byo cup's. Anthony that little white cup will be welcome at any time, Double Shot Short Black OK. Have a safe trip Motley see you at Cania. Graham
AnswerID: 559181

Our Sponsors