Inaugural Rally Cania Gorge Sept '03

Submitted: Friday, Jul 18, 2003 at 08:11
ThreadID: 120027 Views:2525 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Cania Gorge Information. Sept1 - until stumps. Spoke to Harry at Cania Gorge Tourist Park and quizzed him. He has set aside about 20 sites for the B.O.G. so there should be plenty of room for us. He even has spare sites over the road from this site if it really fills up. The sites are powered and we are able to have a fire/s at our sites. He will move a 44 gal wherever we want for a communal fire if we so desire. Fire wood is available at the park at a reasonable price and is all hardwood. Temperatures today were 25 with last night being 6. He expects around 10 overnight and 25-27 around the end of Aug early Sept. The kiosk has ice, gas, bait, bread, milk etc with a limited grocery line .... He states " If you came with no food you would not starve" [wink] He has plans for a wine tasting while we are there and a couple of outdoor movies ??? Sounds interesting !!! My kids will enjoy the Bettong feeding and the fishing is hot atthe moment ..... the fish usually go off the bite as I bait up so I'll refrain from fishing. Brian and Andy will have to catch the trophy fish. (yellow belly smile) The Cania Gorge Tourist Park is a BIG 4 member and can be contacted on 07 4167 8188 or have a look at www.caniagorge.com.au It is located 30k North West of Monto on Phil Marshall Drive. If you are going PLEASE RING THEM and make your individual booking for yourself as soon as possible. At last count I think there is 15 BT's going and about 36 people. Cant wait to see 15 Bushtrackers in a line ..... what a sight ! I've placed a copy of this in the Cania Gorge section. Regards Anthony
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Friday, Jul 18, 2003 at 08:13

Friday, Jul 18, 2003 at 08:13
Cania Gorge can also be contacted via e-mail on info@caniagorge.com.au . Don't get fuel before you arrive because their park guests get a 5% discount and if you stay for a week or more then you get a 10% discount. Their price in Feb 03 was about the same as Monto so it is good value. Wood shouldn't be a problem with a chainsaw and ute or 2 as there is plenty laying around not far away. See you all there, Brian & Margaret.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 559182

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Friday, Jul 18, 2003 at 08:14

Friday, Jul 18, 2003 at 08:14
Margaret & I are planning on arriving on Saturday the 30th August and leave on Tuesday the 9th Spetember. I suppose we are lucky with this first one, only 400 km from home. What planned dates do all the others attendees have? I know the ones going to Gympie Muster won't be able to get there until after the weekend, but not sure how long they are staying. Angie will want a rally about September 04 to get to meet everyone and then add extras to her new van. That is if Ivan will let her spend any more money. Brian

AnswerID: 559183

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Friday, Jul 18, 2003 at 08:15

Friday, Jul 18, 2003 at 08:15
Brian wrote: Angie will want a rally about September 04 to get to meet everyone and then add extras to her new van. That is if Ivan will let her spend any more money. Angie wrote: You're darn tootin' I will. But we won't need to add much, as someone else said - "We'll have our hamburger with the lot!" Angee
AnswerID: 559184

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Friday, Jul 18, 2003 at 08:16

Friday, Jul 18, 2003 at 08:16
I have got a silver tarp 30feet by 18feet with poles and ropes etc that we used last time I was at Cania Gorge with another group. It is especially good to make a shelter for everyone if we should get any increment weather. Those who are arriving first, if you could work out an appropriate area for the shelter. Brian

AnswerID: 559185

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Jul 18, 2003 at 08:17

Friday, Jul 18, 2003 at 08:17
Maybe us Brian. If I can get organised enough we will be there on the 28th

Ernie

AnswerID: 559186

Our Sponsors