Bushtracker Maiden Voyage

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 24, 2003 at 01:07
ThreadID: 120032 Views:2316 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Two people I met some time ago through a mutual friend have just returned from their first trip in their new BT. As always their children accompanied them on the trip. Tow vehicle is a F250 Crew Cab. It went sumthin like this .... Birdsville track .... Marree ....then the Oodnadatta track ... Sturt highway..... Marla ...on to Ayers Rock. Kings Canyon (a must ) ...Alice Springs ...Tennant Creek ... Camooweal .... Burketown ..... Leichardt River ...Normanton ... Charters Towers ... Cania Gorge ..... Home. The Bushtracker performed faultlessly ..... not one puncture ..... never saw battery below 12.2v. Has a few dents from rocks on front of BT and black coating has been removed from chassis at front (rocks). The only slight problem because of the bulldust was a dust leak in a cupboard that was about a teaspoonful ..... fixed with one wipe of silicone. He was amazed how dustproof the van was considering at times he could not see van at all in mirrors because of dust cloud. Not one screw came loose but a few jar caps came off .... wasnt messy fortunately. The F250 performed well also .... no punctures at all, no warranty claims not even a problem .... the amount of dust in the tray was unbelievable but the cabin was dust free the whole trip. They covered 8750k's with 3500ish being dirt travel ..... the truck averaged 5 -6 k's to the litre (14-17mpg) not bad for 7000kg. He ran the F250 over big red .... tyres at 50psi still and in high range .... had to slow to go over top !!! The trip lasted 25 days ...... Only in a Bushtracker huh !!!!!!! And the "Effie" ..... [wink] Anthony
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motley - Thursday, Jul 24, 2003 at 01:09

Thursday, Jul 24, 2003 at 01:09
Aahh! But did he pull the Bushtracker over Big Red??? Motley reporting in from maiden outback trip. BT Functioning fine. A rock destroyed the trailer plaug on the Birdsville Track. Travelled last 130km with no brakes on BT. Not really a problem because it tracks so well. Two punctures so far. Both rear tyres on vehicle. Interesteing though. BT promoted the Bridgestone Duellers as more puncture resistant tha Goodrich All Terrain, which I've always used in the past. The other two vehicles I'm travelling with both have All Terrains and no problems (so far) Trip is going well. Met up with a couple of new Boggers. Very happy with van
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 559213

Our Sponsors