nice photos

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 24, 2003 at 04:45
ThreadID: 120033 Views:3027 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Graham and Jan, thanks for the lovely new photos in the album. Jan looks like she is eyeing that wombat off as a potential playmate for the cats. How about a weekend trip report here when you get time guys? Angee
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Thursday, Jul 24, 2003 at 04:47

Thursday, Jul 24, 2003 at 04:47
Good to see you out there enjoying the new van Graham & Jan. Would you mind adding a title to the photos so we all know where they were taken.. Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 559214

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Jul 24, 2003 at 04:48

Thursday, Jul 24, 2003 at 04:48
Angie, I think that wombat smelt the coffee ....... and Jan is saying ... On ya way fella !!!! [smile] Anthony
AnswerID: 559215

Reply By: F Troop - Thursday, Jul 24, 2003 at 04:49

Thursday, Jul 24, 2003 at 04:49
Okay guys - settle down now. Angie - my pussies would run a mile if mum took them that playmate home. They were some of the biggest wombats (ground bears) that I have ever seen. I decided to rename them ground bears because my fertile imagination thought that if you could prop one up so he is sitting on his backside, then put him up a tree, you could easily mistake him for a koala ! Okay, maybe I had had a couple too many bourbans by then, but it worked for me. And Brian, yes we are very much enjoying our new van. The place we went too was called Coolendel. It is on the upper Shoalhaven River, about 50km west of Nowra. It is co-owned by some friends of ours, so the rates were good, however it is normally quite expensive. I think it's something like $25-30 for 2 adults per night - unpowered. However, for that money you do get free firewood (pre-chopped) and a wonderful environment. It is approx 80 acres of camping throughout the 150 acre property. It would be a great place for the 2nd BT rally !!!! And Anthony, trust me. That wombat did not smell the coffee as my dear husband thought that we should try out some other coffee making ideas for short trips away. Well. Never again. We had milk in the microwave, then we would try frothing it with an old "Mr Cappacino" machine, whilst we had espresso brewing on the stove. It was a MAJOR excerise which resulted in the first cup (mine) going well, but there was not enought grunt left in the Mr Cappucino for cup number 2 (his), so his expresso was left bubbling away whilst waiting and having to reeheat the milk in the microwave. At about this time, Nescafe was looking wonderful and I retreated to the morning fireplace quietl, to enjoy my cappucino. I do not believe we will be trying that little stunt again... The rest of the weekend went exceptionally well - oh, except for the "brand new camp oven experience". But then, that's another story that I will save for later............ Jan
AnswerID: 559216

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Thursday, Jul 24, 2003 at 04:50

Thursday, Jul 24, 2003 at 04:50
Okay, so we can't wait for the next thrilling instalment about the camp oven now. Shame about the coffee... as the saying goes "When you're on a good thing, stick to it!". I think a bushtracker rally there would be just the ticket. Especially, say September 2004. But that's just my opinion! Would they give bulk discount? Angee
AnswerID: 559217

Our Sponsors