Pics for angee

Submitted: Monday, Jul 28, 2003 at 20:07
ThreadID: 120040 Views:2528 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Camp ground is on the northern bank of the Burrum River just north of Hervey Bay Qld. They keep it pretty quiet and you will miss the turnoff if you blink and we only found it by accident. Road in is loose sand but luckily no hills to climb. Once you start there is no retreating as there is no way to turn around. I used high range 4WD going in and low range coming out(auto trans). Manual transmissions should use low range. Did not reduce tyre pressure but would do so if the sand was dry, on both vehicle and van. The van is 18ft with a 2 ft extension at the back with normal A frame. I just managed to squeeze into the camping spot with this rig. F truckers would not do it but probably could park in an off road camp spot. Potable water is on tap with septic toilets. For school vacations you have to book. Self registering facilities. A lovely spot to spend for a few days but may have to run a generator occassionally with the tree canopy shadow covering the van for most of the day. Watch out for the thieving goanna. No fires as it would be too dangerous. The camp ground is as natural as a sand-dune softwood scrub as you would get anywhere complete with scrub turkeys and goannas. It is constructed with a minimum impact on the surrounding bush as you could get. All the dead wood is still lying on the ground which adds to the charm of the place. Just a short walk and you're on the beach. It is really not meant for caravans and I hope if we are sensible about it we will not be prevented for going there.
Nomad
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Monday, Jul 28, 2003 at 20:09

Monday, Jul 28, 2003 at 20:09
Nomad, thanks soooooo much for the great piccies. Looks a great spot. Spotted the hen straight away - old jigsaw puzzlers mind came into play there. Which of the two on the beach were you? Not the birds silly! the fishermen. The other bird in the photos looks pretty good too and obviously can cook a mean roast. Better keep that one! Angee
AnswerID: 559257

Our Sponsors