Cania Gorge Rally Etiquette

Submitted: Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 08:37
ThreadID: 120051 Views:3047 Replies:7 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Better lay some ground rules ..... The men will gather for serious discussion at certain times, before 7am and after 12 midnight is unacceptable. Dead army to be cleared before breakfast the next morning. Stories are to be encouraged around the campfire. The "lubricant" alcohol may be consumed to elicit them. Sorry Ladies .... No skinny dipping before sunset. Outside lights to be on after dark til midnight to facilitate navigation back to BT. Snorers to close all windows forward the leading axle by 11pm sharp. No gambling ....unless approved by the quorum. It is tempting to save water but only one person per shower cubicle in the amenities please. A casual, social and enjoyable time must be endured every day. No exceptions. Did I forget any ............. ????? Anthony
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 08:39

Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 08:39
What about a prize for the best aroma eminating from a van…….one that really gets the gastric juices going. One of lifes' pleasures it is.

AnswerID: 559310

Reply By: Deleted User - Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 08:40

Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 08:40
Ernie, Cindy and I just happened to read your post at the same time. Yep .... spying over my shoulder she was ..... We just about fell to the floor laughing as reading the post we both thought of the thetford area ........ hehehehehe !!! One of lifes pleasures .... As we re-read it for a second giggle we realised you were talking about the kitchen ..... and burst out laughing all over again at our mistake !!!!! I was normal when I met her ....I think she has transplanted her sick humour DNA while I slept !!! [wink] Anthony
AnswerID: 559311

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 08:41

Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 08:41
I'm glad Nomad clarified his comment too!! Angee
AnswerID: 559312

Reply By: Deleted User - Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 08:42

Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 08:42
Angee, one of lifes' simple pleasures is to take a walk around a van park at dinner time and wiff the air. You'd be amazed sometimes at the variation and quality. Onions seem to be the staple but Kay is reluctant to cook these when confined to a van especially when the weather is cool and the windows shut!!!!!!!!!!!..BTW do you know vanning does nothing for the waist line, I bet that’s something you havn't factored in…….but you will I'm sure. Not too many skinny vanners around. Most look like they have been grazing in a good paddock. Does anyone concur???????????

Ernie

AnswerID: 559313

Reply By: Deleted User - Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 08:43

Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 08:43
I agree Ernie, when camping you have to have three square meals a day or I'm sure scurvy/malnutrition will befall the victim. Better throw in a helping of scones in the morning .... damper at 3.30 with a cuppa. Chocolate and biscuits are mandatory ...well every second night ! I wouldnt even dream of doing this at home. Must be the fresh air ...... I lent an acquaintance of mine some camping gear at Easter for his first camping experience with his wife and family. On his return the first thing he said was " Everyone and everything seems to revolve around cooking and eating". "You wake ... then cook brekky, then eat ... hour later think about lunch, 1/2 hour after that get lunch on the go .... soon followed by afternoon tea ..... which is a signal to get ready for the evening meal ". It was a group of 15 or so that he went with and is now totally hooked ..... Kay ..... If I want to cook onions in a confined/closed kitchen (after chopping them) I usually soak them in some hot water from the BT tap for about 20 mins first .... tames them down quite a bit but still lends their flavour to the dish. I do this for salads/sandwiches as well just to take the sharp edge off so they dont overpower the salad or sanger. Anthony
AnswerID: 559314

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 08:44

Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 08:44
Anthony, you forgot the daily ritual of feeding the birds and betongs. As for No. 4. I don't think that anyone will be doing any sort of swimming at Cania. Their pool is NOT heated. We went swimming in ours today though, 28C in the water. It is hard to take. Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 559315

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 08:45

Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 08:45
We would be very happy to swim in an unheated pool this week. Angie
AnswerID: 559316

Our Sponsors