G'day from a couple of new members

Submitted: Friday, Aug 08, 2003 at 07:09
ThreadID: 120059 Views:2531 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all Great to join up with such an illustrious group of discerning nomads. Kathy and I have an 18' BT in which we have lived while travelling this great brown land in fits and starts since 2000. The BT is a '99 build which we took delivery of in September of that year. It has been dragged about 70,000kms across all manner of roads (some of which could hardly be classified as such) with no real problems apart from the rapid failure of the original AC Delco MRV27 batteries. We haul the thing around with an auto Disco TD5 without holding up the traffic. Not able to be with you at Cania but wish we could be there.....Have a great time.... Myles & Kathy Clacherty
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Aug 08, 2003 at 07:11

Friday, Aug 08, 2003 at 07:11
Welcome Myles & Kathy. There are a few nutters here(me included) but we generally do talk sense a fair proportion of the time. We would be interested in any ripper spots particularly out of the way and all that.

Ernie and Kay

AnswerID: 559365

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Friday, Aug 08, 2003 at 07:12

Friday, Aug 08, 2003 at 07:12
Welcome to the group Myles & Kathy, I'm sure that you will enjoy the experience. It is a shame that you cannot come and join us at Cania Gorge. With all that travelling that you have done, any suggestions for our next rally. As for the batteries that they used to put in the vans back then, well you are not alone with your battery problems. The current fully sealed batteries appear to be a lot better. At least some things have improved. Brian & Margaret
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 559366

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Aug 08, 2003 at 07:13

Friday, Aug 08, 2003 at 07:13
G'day Myles & Kathy, Welcome to the BT post delivery epicentre. I believe we have a mutual friend in Mr. Jones. Look forward to meeting you down the track .... Regards Anthony
AnswerID: 559367

Our Sponsors