Bushtrackers Forever!

Submitted: Saturday, Aug 30, 2003 at 20:00
ThreadID: 120094 Views:2593 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
A guy I worked with in Gove many years ago has been thinking about buying a BT. He has been reading the Forum & in an e-mail the other day commented to the effect that given all the negative comments he wonders why anyone buys one! Discussion Groups serve different needs for different people but in the end we all hope to gain knowledge. Alexander Pope summed it up beautifully, "A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian Spring:" My Grandmother had a quotation on the wall, which I have never come across again, that went something like, "Let me have men about me that know how to do things, rather than men who know how things ought to be done." Discussion groups that attract people who know "how to do things" are fortunate. All public domain groups shows the occasional tendency to reflect opinions rather than facts, however it is an absolute trueism, that in the end, the laws of physics are everything, the basis for our existence. My concern runs deeper than just opinions vs fact, many participants in the Group own Bushtrackers, & in our case would buy the brand again, yet the outsider reading the postings must wonder. Nothing in this world is perfect, this is the case with every product we buy from a BT to bicycle. The Group Participants need to emphasise the positive, in our case we have taken our BT to the bounds of buggery, as they say, & been amazed at the punishment it has absorbed - the van has given us reliability & pleasure well beyond our expectations. There are faults & potential improvements - this just life. We have gained an amazing number of ideas, many of which we have adopted, from this & other Caravan focused Forums but are always disappointed when the points made become too negative or personal. It is our hope that BT, Steve & Tracey et al, will eventually join the Group based on the understanding that we are all proud to tow a BT & the Group exists to share experiences & to find improvements that we may be able to install ourselves & will find their way into the manufacturing process. Many times on the road people have looked at our BT with envy & indicated that they regard the product as the Best available - this is our view & we all should try & reflect this in our postings. Andy
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, Aug 30, 2003 at 20:02

Saturday, Aug 30, 2003 at 20:02
Andy, et al, This subject will be discussed at Cania, at length, for sure ..... and rightly so !!! I also think on return from Cania this would be a great place to discuss it also. Since this group has formed I have heard nothing to the contrary that BTi were not happy about it ....that was early let alone now. I even seen it written that the group is full of self appointed experts ...... (count me in that group, I know I can be a pain .... what you see is what you get unfortunately .... smile) BTi by their silence make it very hard ..... giving most the impression that they dont care about 45 odd Bushtracker Owners ....... or the rest that will join. 95 % of negative comments could have been answered and nipped in the bud by respectful, intelligent discussion between BTi and the group ...... but their silence is deafening ! The discussion has been very negative lately but I think people also view this group as a way to get their BT as close as possible to best for them and as such ask questions to get a positive outcome. I dont know what the answer is ...? You dont want to stifle people asking about something they perceive to be a problem. However , decorum towards BTi and between group participants must be maintained ...... One way would be to moderate the group maybe ? I still find it hard to believe that BTi ignores feedback from this group (publicly) just in the interest of keeping the Bushtracker as "THE" benchmark. Most manufacturers would be grateful of the feedback in the interest of R & D. Regards Anthony
AnswerID: 559495

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, Aug 30, 2003 at 20:03

Saturday, Aug 30, 2003 at 20:03
Far from making us reconsider our choice of a future purchase of a BT this
forum has
actually confirmed and strengthened that desire.

After much reading of magazine articles and manufacturers web pages Brian
decided
that BT sounded like the best off-roader available. I was not as convinced
at the time.
Then Brian found this forum and since then I have devoured every word
written.

The main feeling I get is that you all love your BT's and find them more
than capable of
handling the rough. Even in an accident as unfortunate as Brian's the BT
fared well. I
find all the little problems discussed very useful in planning for our own
eventual
purchase. You guys are experiencing what we are still dreaming and working
towards
and we can only be helped by the problems you all encounter and overcome.
You are
a resourceful bunch. As Andy said, 'Nothing in this world is perfect.'
But with the help
and advice from those with knowledge and experience we can all benefit.

I think I would have left off visiting this forum long ago if all I read
were testaments as to
how great BT is but because I read realistic accounts of life with a BT,
warts and all, I
have been totally won over and now feel that if I can't have a BT, I will
stick to a tent.

Safe travels to you all,

Gai

-----------------------------------------
Brian Butler
System Administrator
brianb@kdfisher.com.au

AnswerID: 559496

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Saturday, Aug 30, 2003 at 20:04

Saturday, Aug 30, 2003 at 20:04
Gai, I am glad that you recognise that the BT owners are indeed very happy with their choice. There will always be the exception to the rule of course, but when some of our regular members get back from the party at Cania there will be no mistake that they would not let anyone rip their BT out from under them without a big struggle. It's probably the reason why some members have gone back for a second dose. The vans certainly give a freedom to explore parts of Australia in safety and comfort that others can only dream about. We change the desktop background to a different Bushtracker every few days to keep the dream alive. The waiting after placing the order is the worst. But then ours is more an enforced wait, so it will give us a lovely reward at the end of the discipline, which will make our pickup day all the more sweeter. Angie
AnswerID: 559497

Reply By: Meg and J - Saturday, Aug 30, 2003 at 20:05

Saturday, Aug 30, 2003 at 20:05
Andy I certainly hope you direct your friend to these replies. Even though we have said that we have met some people who have had problems, probably 99.9% have been with products that are not built by BTI, namely microwaves, airconditioners etc We would never have taken another type of van across the Gibb and had no problems with the BT (other than dust and I would defy anyone to keep that red dust out of some things). We like the forum as we are not technically minded people at all and it is great knowing that we can ask something and someone with more knowledge will answer us (and with no barrel to push either). As the others have said, all vans have problems but our problems are a lot less I am sure. We are in ours travelling around for 18 months and I don't think a day has gone that I haven't thought how wonderful our van is. And, we too, keep getting 'acosted' by other people saying how much they wish they could have a BT or that they are going to get one. So, Andy's friend, don't be deterred, you won't find a better van on the market if you want to take it to the remote areas. Meg and J
AnswerID: 559498

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Saturday, Aug 30, 2003 at 20:06

Saturday, Aug 30, 2003 at 20:06
I would just like to make the comment that at Cania Gorge everyone was proudly showing off their vans and many who have older ones are considering up grading to new ones. There are a large number of Bushtracker Owners who have bought a second van and they wouldn't be buying second vans if they didn't think Bushtrackers were a great van. When we were leaving the Muster site last week we had numerous people stopping to watch us drive past admiring our F250 and 21ft Bushtracker. I think that Bushtracker would gain a lot more sales if they were to promote the group on their web site and let new BT owners know about the site when they order their vans. Brian.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 559499

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, Aug 30, 2003 at 20:07

Saturday, Aug 30, 2003 at 20:07
Brian Wrote .... I think that Bushtracker would gain a lot more sales if they were to promote the group on their web site and let new BT owners know about the site when they order their vans. Anthony wrote ... Ease up on the logic there partner ...... [smile] Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ... Do it Easy ... Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 559500

Our Sponsors