G'day from to be BOGs

Submitted: Friday, Sep 05, 2003 at 22:25
ThreadID: 120101 Views:2571 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'day, Just introducing ourselves. We are a family about to embark on a trip of a lifetime when we obtain our new 21' BT just before Xmas (it's the last van out before Xmas according to BTi). We are selling up, hopping into our BT and Lancruiser TroopCarrier and taking off on Boxing Day hoping to join other BTs wherever they have a rally on. A bit more about us, Mike (32) is a teacher of the deaf and will be working as a teacher as we go along, Mel (33) works in admin and our 4 year old daughter, Jasmine is excited about our big trip (are we there yet!). At the moment, just browing through past topics and getting some ideas for our new BT when we pick it up in 108 days and counting.... (sigh)... See yous around, Michael, Melinda & Jasmine Clarkson.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Friday, Sep 05, 2003 at 22:27

Friday, Sep 05, 2003 at 22:27
Hello Michael, Mel and Jasmine, Welcome to the Bogger group. How exciting for you and what a lovely Christmas present. You must all have been especially good this year for Santa to bring you a BT! You will see from the postings that a lot of the members of this group are currently at the inaugural BT rally at Cania Gorge. We are all looking forward to the reports that should start coming in fairly soon. And photos....hope they have taken lots of photos for me as I luuuuurve photos. Ivan and I are living in London and still have 329 days 15 hours 2 minutes and 40 seconds to go before we fly out. Not that we are looking forward to it you understand. LOL. Well happy reading. You will find that the Bogger owners are all happy with their rigs and there is a lot of great information here. And when the others get back there is also a lot more chatter. You can tell who the noisy ones are. Angie
AnswerID: 559539

Reply By: Tassietracker5 - Friday, Sep 05, 2003 at 22:28

Friday, Sep 05, 2003 at 22:28
Hello new members, This is new to us so we may get a few things wrong. We too are new members having stumbled across this site yesterday. My name is Rod and my wife is Dominique, we have a three boys Patrick(3) Hamish(1) Alexander(1), twins what fun. We too have ordered a 21' van and pick it up at the vic show in April 2004. Can't Wait. We are planing on a year long trip at the beginning of 2007 but are getting the van earlier so we can have a few run in trips. Hope to see you on the blacktop at some stage. Rod and Dom
AnswerID: 559540

Reply By: Luvntravln - Friday, Sep 05, 2003 at 22:29

Friday, Sep 05, 2003 at 22:29
Hey deaf nomads As you can see I am slowly working my way backwards through all of the postings. Look forward to hearing about your experience towing with the Troopy - which model? Down to the decission between the Troopy and the F-250. Believe that the LC100 is too short (1' shorter than the Troopy); the F-250 is 1' longer in the wheelbase. See ya on the road. tgintl
AnswerID: 559541

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Sep 05, 2003 at 22:30

Friday, Sep 05, 2003 at 22:30
This message has been deleted by the author.
AnswerID: 559542

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Sep 05, 2003 at 22:31

Friday, Sep 05, 2003 at 22:31
Hi tgintl, We have a Lancruiser Troopcarrier RV model which is 5 seater turbodiesel. The rear seats can be folded up towards the back of the front bucket seats to make room for sleeping, cargo when camping. It is a beautiful machine, rugged but comfortable with the extra luxury such as CD player&cassette, cloth trim bucket seats, air conditioning (optional extra), remote central locking doors and power windows (front only). I wanted the largest possible vehicle capable of towing but also have the capability of running around town without the Bushtracker. We are not in a hurry to explore Oz so didn't require the ultimate towing machine such as the F250/F350. Cheers, Michael.
AnswerID: 559543

Our Sponsors