Heater, F250

Submitted: Monday, Sep 08, 2003 at 08:08
ThreadID: 120105 Views:2981 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello All, Just a couple of things, Angie you mention a "Webasto Heater" what is this and is it being fitted to your van. What is the cost etc. Does anyone know about any other type if heating. In regards to your Effie Angie I hope you dont buy it from Tilfords in Hobart as I have had nothing but trouble every since ordering the ute and all the extras that i wanted fitted. I am still waiting for the bullbar. Could all F250 owners please let me know how many ribs on the roof of dual Cabs do you have. Mine has a couple of dents in the roof (noticed the day after I took delivery, ford have still not told me how they will fix it.) the only two other dual cabs I have seen in hobart have 6 long ribs at the rear with 4 long ribs at the front with 1 slightly smaller either side of at the front. My effie is a 2003 model and it only has 4 ribs in the front setion, not the little one either side of this. Also how do owners protect their paint on there cars, my paint is the dark blue colour and scratches easily (you can scratch it with the back of your fingernail). Rod
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Monday, Sep 08, 2003 at 08:10

Monday, Sep 08, 2003 at 08:10
Hi Rod, shame about Tilfords. Did have my photo taken in front of a couple of Effie's that were sitting out on the road in front of the new car showroom. But no, we are looking at dealing in Queensland as we want a QLD registration for ease. We also want to give the Effie a good run to Tassie and back to pick up our stuff before we tow anything as heavy as the BT. The webasto heater is the latest gizmo for BT owners to combat the cold weather. I think Diesel fueled. If you look at the Pictures album, at the top of the page above the photo albums it reads "show photos (9 photos)". In that album there is a leaflet about the Webasto. Website is www.webasto.com.au. Cost is around $2000 with an extra vent into the ensuite to use as a drying room if we want, but we figure it will pay for itself with just one winter in Tassie or the cold nights of the outback. I know that Bob (Turist) and Brian Fox have both had one fitted. Hope this helps. Angie p.s. Ivan suggest you cut your nails. Other than that.............
AnswerID: 559556

Reply By: Wadefarers - Monday, Sep 08, 2003 at 08:11

Monday, Sep 08, 2003 at 08:11
Rod Had a "Webasto" retro fiited back in June this year, cost at that time was $2,000. Mine was fitted under the seat as we couldn't have it fitted behind the shower. It runs on diesel for which we fitted a small tank in one on the jerry can holders on the front A frame. It is really worthwhile having. If you are considering one, would probably be better to have fitted in the build stage so that the drying room Angie was talking about could be utilised, if that's what you want. Regards Jeff
AnswerID: 559557

Reply By: Andy1 - Monday, Sep 08, 2003 at 08:12

Monday, Sep 08, 2003 at 08:12
Rod Mine is a 2002. Six ribs. Re the paint, we have had no problem but I have kept in touch with a BT guy we met in Birdsville last year who had a major paint drama with his F250 a few months ago. His paintwork deteriorated, over time, to the point where you could scape it off with a finger nail. Ford flew a Melbourne based rep to Qld. His judgement was that it was indeed a warranty claim & the vehicle required a full repaint. A pretty major exercise. This is the only case of which I am aware. Andy
AnswerID: 559558

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Sep 08, 2003 at 08:13

Monday, Sep 08, 2003 at 08:13
My F250 has 14 ribs total. 3 x rows of four with the rear two rows the same length and the front row shorter. There are two ribs running the full length of the 3 rows on the outside of the 3 rows of four ..... if that makes sense !! It is plated March 02. As far as looking after the paint goes it really depends on the amount of time/effort you are willing to put in to keep it looking good. As a minimum I would try to polish and wax it at least two/three times a year with an annual paint clean followed by polish/wax the same day. The idea is to keep as good a barrier as possible between the elements and the paint via polishes and waxes. Use a neutral Ph carwash liquid to keep the rust between pressed panel edges at a minimum. Lot of real estate to polish on the effie thats for sure !!! Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ... Do it Easy ... Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 559559

Our Sponsors