WE ALL SURVIVED CANIA ........ JUST !!!

Submitted: Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 20:16
ThreadID: 120106 Views:2615 Replies:7 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Gang, Where do I start ....... WOW !!! WOW ! WOW !! ..is one description. As most of the group managers are still away can I say a huge thanks to everyone who turned up at Cania. I think final number were 23 Bushtrackers and around 60 people. A more respectful, friendly, helpful gathering would be hard to find. A big thanks to the people running the park they could not do enough for us .... shifting fire places .... placing drums for coals etc nothing was a bother and we only had to be told to quiet it down a bit "one" night. As each new arrival turned up the welcome party saw to everyones needs .... including a score for your "setup neatness" [smile] On a personal level ..... could I thank everyone for taking my kids into their hearts/homes (BT) and making it the best camping trip of their lives .... from the King Parrots on their shoulders at feeding time ... the bottle of wine donated to us when Amy crawled through a van window because the keys were locked in it ... (non BT owner of course ..... Amy claims to have 50 odd Aunties and Uncles now. I'm off to unpack a little and as people arrive back home we can get into the TechFestival, PartyFestival, LaughterFestival, Wine and CoffeeFestival and Great conversationFestival that was the "Inaugural Rally" Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ... Do it Easy ... Tow a Bushtracker.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 20:18

Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 20:18
Unpack? unpack? But Anthony, we have been dying to hear all the gory and glory details. Don't keep us too long in suspense. Angie p.s. Seriously welcome back. Glad you all had such a great time. I am sure we will hear about it all in due course. And photos. I reckon someone will have taken some photos for little Angie.
AnswerID: 559560

Reply By: Deleted User - Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 20:19

Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 20:19
Welcome back all you who laboured & were heavy laden. Sounds like you had a blast. Love all the upcoming thread categories. Next time. Next time.... Griff
AnswerID: 559561

Reply By: Deleted User - Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 20:20

Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 20:20
A few things stand out at Cania ....well my version anyway [smile] !!! For a group of people who have hardly ever met, quite a few meeting for the first time, the extended welcome and general "lets have a great time " feeling was exceptional. One thing Cania WAS NOT was a "whinge session about BT's" in fact the exact opposite. I thought I was handy making things for BTs .... some of the fabrication was outstanding. Ernie's small twin tub washing machine on the drawbar {fully protected] a small example. Greg's drawbar and rear bar boxes and cradles another !! As John and Cheryl live in their BT they have a small front loader washing machine mounted on a slide out tray in the back of their Cruiser ..... slide her out and connect hose ... start genny .... voila !!! Thanks to Brian (big tarp and poles) we had a communal area for eating together, fire talking, breakfast etc. The highlight for most would have to be the night a roast dinner was served to 50 odd people. The "boys" ( Mick, Tony, Dave, et al) actually fabricated a spit roast from scrap plate and star pickets and wire. It used a battery powered motor from a barby to turn the roast over coals for 5 or so hours. This fabrication used a welder, angle grinder, bolts, wire and timber. The roasts were exceptional .... with camp ovens full of veges and one full of gravy .... to boot. As usual the ladies formed the backbone of the meal .... prepping everything.(smile) All washed down with at least 25 bottles of red ...... bush partying at it best !!!! I tip my hat to all involved !!! Another highlight would have to be the pancake brunch with Cappuccinos for all !!!! Everyone supplied pancake mix where they could with Conrads wife (Niza) doing a great crepe mix ..... jam, maple and golden syrup went down well. Graham and Jan supplied their espresso machine from "Baby" and they went to town .... busier than a one armed man in a boxing match. Graham must have churned out at least 40 cappuccinos on the trot ..... I salute you Sir ...what an effort !!! After seeing that machine Cindy has stamped my requisition for one as a xmas present. Various guys went for firewood every day ... or so .... with a chain saw making the fire every night the place to be seen ! {smile] The fire pad was about 6 ft x 5 ft and it was stacked over a metre high in the centre. It certainly kept everyone warm in fact you had to move back at times because it was too hot. Everyone was able to sit around the fire in a single circle it was that good. My digital camera played up and although I have plenty of pics I have to wait for camera to be fixed to download them. I purchased a card reader yesterday to load them but it has a conflict with my latest motherboard and Microsoft. Still trying today ... see how I go !!! Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ... Do it Easy ... Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 559562

Reply By: Deleted User - Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 20:21

Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 20:21
I have placed about 40 photos of Cania Rally in an album [pictures section] called .... Cania Gorge by Bushtracker 18 About 4 pages or so .... Enjoy !!!! Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ... Do it Easy ... Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 559563

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 20:22

Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 20:22
Hi Anthony. Great photos. Lots of lovely fires and delicious food by the look of them. Did you guys do anything else apart from eat and sit and natter? Any chance you can find some way to label who the people are in the photos? I really would love to be able to put faces to names if possible. Some of the more regular contributors who are already in our Bogger members album of course we already know. But there were so many others there - would love to be able to "place" them. Loved Nina's hat and I saw a few of the members wearing them. Are they the ones organised by Motley? Angie
AnswerID: 559564

Reply By: Deleted User - Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 20:23

Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 20:23
G'day Angie, Naming them !!! There's a task ! I'll try ...... Eat, drink and natter ..... What else is there ..... [smile] For the whole week I didnt get past the Kiosk !!!!!! Others went on walks, drives into town for a meal, bike rides etc. Bettong feeding and bird feeding in the park was well attended. As I said camera stuffed up so only have about 80 shots digital the rest are on film being developed now. They are the hats Motley had made. I also had some gold drink coasters (4 of) made up and placed in a gift pack box for everyone. Seeing as it was the first rally our business graciously paid for them. When camera comes back I'll snap a shot of them. Embossed on coaster .....Bushtracker Owners Group Cania Gorge Sept 03 Inaugural Rally Anthony Explore this Great Land ... Do it Easy ... Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 559565

Reply By: Deleted User - Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 20:24

Sunday, Sep 07, 2003 at 20:24
Here goes ..... Cania004 is Ernie (Kay) NomadUsR Cania007 Angle Grinder man is David (Joan) Bogette .... no shirt (all week) is Mick (Judi) PovertyPack ..... star picket holder is Graham (Jan) Jan n Scrounger .... red \black cap is Greg (Helen) Tunza & Mona Cania010 is Lions scarf Andy (Jude) Andy ....beside red jumper (Jan) is Pete (Jan) Motley .... last person too fuzzy to recognise. Cania013 is in cap is Robert (Carola) Wildo & Coke ....Mick(Judi) again and just seen at right is Tony (Charne) Te Ce 46 Cania021from left Hat on knee is Ray (Anne) Ogypsies .... Cap on stubbie in hand beside lady with stubbie in hand is John & (Cheryl) Back On the Road Again ...next along in blue is Ernie (Kay) NomadsUsR .... not 100% sure of next along. Cania023 is in apron behind Mick is Tony a mate of Robert & Carola .... at spit is Mick (Judi) and David (Joan) .... Blue shorts is Robert (Carola) Wildo & Coke and red shorts is Greg (Helen) Tunza & Mona The crowded shots are difficult to describe them and name because of numbers. Maybe on Sunday night go to chatroom and while we are looking at same photo I'll point them out and name them. Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ... Do it Easy ... Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 559566

Our Sponsors