LCD TV's

Submitted: Sunday, Sep 21, 2003 at 19:41
ThreadID: 120127 Views:2937 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello from NZ Question one: Are there any BT owners out there, who have either LCD 15 inch square flat TV's or the LCD 17in flat wide screen TV, fitted in their BTs? We have the space to fit one on the wall but it would need to be on a swizel arm type bracket to allow viewing from either the seating or sleeping area. We would also probably need to be able to detach it from the arm while in transit. All suggestions, advise etc would be greatly appreciated? Question two: Has any one purchased or had experience with the L'il Traveller setup as advertised in the Oct 03 issue of the Caravan and Motorhome Magazine page 33? Its a LCD TV, Computer, DVD and Video player, with cordless mouse and keyboard. Seems to be able to do alot of things for under $3000, and it has a 240v / 12 v option? We are not BT owners but have gained so much useful information from your forum, so for that many thanks. We have a new van on order (Boroma), and plan to spend 2 years travelling around your great country from March 04. regards Hendo
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motley - Sunday, Sep 21, 2003 at 19:43

Sunday, Sep 21, 2003 at 19:43
Hello Hendo, I have a Sony Computer Monitor mounted on the panel on the side of the fridge in my Bushtracker. It is mounted on a Spacedec swivel arm and does what you specify in terms of viewing position. When travelling, we swivel it around so the face of the monitor is against the wall panel and it is held there by two starps. We've just finished a 13,000km trip including about 3,500km of dirt roads and there has been no problem at all. The tuner is a Jaton x-Media Dream box which is mounted into an overhead cupboard panel. That way, not only do we get TV through the monitor, but also input from a DVD player and a Satellite TV receiver. It works very well. If you would like more info, send me an e-mail contact and I'll get some photos to you I have seen the ads for the L'il Traveller but have not seen one "in the flesh". Sounds good but expensive. Also, I'm not sure about how many functions you want to pack in to one box. For instance with the set up I've got, my wife can watch TV while I do my email and play with Digital Photos on my notebook. Good luck
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 559667

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Sunday, Sep 21, 2003 at 19:44

Sunday, Sep 21, 2003 at 19:44
Hi Hendo, We have gone for the same setup as Motley with a flatscreen (18") except that we elected not to have our Monitor mounted on the wall. I have asked the Sound in Motion guys to put a plug outlet into the Cargo bay on the annexe side and will be able to take just the monitor on its stand outside and plug it in to watch TV or movies etc out there if I want. (Annoying the neighbours excepted). Everything else will stay indoors e.g. DVD player, Dreambox, Video. We are having external speakers fitted on the annexe side but also elected to buy remote headphones in case hubby is asleep or there are neighbours around. Angie
AnswerID: 559668

Our Sponsors