Bio Magic Toilet Additive

Submitted: Tuesday, Sep 23, 2003 at 21:37
ThreadID: 120130 Views:4014 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I used the Bio Magic additive at Cania and was disappointed with the results. I used 170mls added directly to tank and a spray bottle made with a 25 % solution. Cindy said " The smell we were getting was probably from an incomplete breakdown by not enough additive or not enough time for it to act. " She is also having mixed results with it at the Surgery. (Dog hair deodoriser/ cage deodoriser) It seems to work well initially but needs constant reapplication. When I went to empty it ( day after arrival home from Cania) ..... all I can say is that it was the hardest empty I've done in the 7 years I've used a Thetford. Solids were stuck to the bottom requiring some work to eventually clean the cassette. I already have AquaChem (blue) back in the cassette for a final soak and will go back to it in the future. From what I've heard there are people having mixed results so if you want to try it buy a small quantity to test before buying the 5 litre pack. I will ring the supplier about my results to see why my trial was so poor. If anyone else has used it .... how did you think it went ? Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ... Do it Easy ... Tow a Bushtracker
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Sep 23, 2003 at 21:39

Tuesday, Sep 23, 2003 at 21:39
After talking with the supplier there are circumstances that can reduce the efficiency of the Bio Magic or stop it all together. The thetford cassette has to be free of any bacteria eliminating products and to be fair should be used a few times in the cassette (after changing from AquaKem) before making any judgement. I had cleaned mine and flushed them well. After that I should have added half a cup of bio magic, filled the cassette to the brim, left for 24 hrs and emptied and then recharged with fresh bio magic (50mls for a thetford 23lt cassette) and added 1-2 litres of fresh water before using. This step I didnt do I just flushed them after cleaning and added Bio Magic. Chemical residues from the AquaKem can affect bio magic so the cleaner the better when switching from these types of chemical additives to bio magic. Even too much chlorine in the fill water can affect it .... I will now reclean my cassettes, fill them for 24-48 hrs with a bio magic flush and give it another go ..... hopefully the results will be better. I would prefer to use this product as it can be emptied in any bush/bio/septic toilet with no harm. Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ... Do it Easy ... Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 559675

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Tuesday, Sep 23, 2003 at 21:40

Tuesday, Sep 23, 2003 at 21:40
We went to buy some at the Brisbane Show, but they were out of stock. They took our details and were going to contact us when it came in stock a couple of weeks later. We are still waiting, and after your report, I think I will just stick to the Aqua Chem that I know works. Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 559676

Reply By: F Troop - Tuesday, Sep 23, 2003 at 21:41

Tuesday, Sep 23, 2003 at 21:41
Anthony, Good luck with your "waste" test's. Hope it's not a "wasted" exercise! To me it's a "waste" of effort. I cleaned the system first as directed by Bio Cr%#. I then used it for 5 empty's before seeing the light, I'm now stuck with 4lts of this blue water and will not use or recomend it to any one. I switched back to the old blue brew and noooooooo probleeeemoooo!!!. This is only my opinion and I could have been a lot stronger in my opposition to this product as was the "waste" product. I do call a spade a spade and perhaps a spade would have worked better than the above mentioned product. Graham.
AnswerID: 559677

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Sep 23, 2003 at 21:42

Tuesday, Sep 23, 2003 at 21:42
Graham, Short black .... a few sugar crystals .... while we discuss this ....Great nice and hot !!! Thanks ! [robustagrin] I tend to agree ... in fact I'm going to put the Bio Magic "behind" me. I was going to sit on it for awhile but will go the old "blue loo" again. The boss has instructed me to go back to the one we know and I'm in the poo if I dont .... Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ... Do it Easy ... Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 559678

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Tuesday, Sep 23, 2003 at 21:43

Tuesday, Sep 23, 2003 at 21:43
Oh you boys! This subject stinks and I dont think you should waste any more time on it. Angie (holdinghernosegrin)
AnswerID: 559679

Reply By: Bushtracker42 - Tuesday, Sep 23, 2003 at 21:44

Tuesday, Sep 23, 2003 at 21:44
We are slow down here. We should have learnt the 1st
time while tent camping, but tried the Bio Magic again.

I admint it seamed OK if we did not drink the beer/wine,
no cheese, no indulgences ….

That one OK for the 1st day while driving,
but what do you do with the other 41 on a 42 day trip?.

----------------------

Gary Harding

TriSys Engineering/III

AnswerID: 559680

Our Sponsors