New Members

Submitted: Thursday, Sep 25, 2003 at 02:26
ThreadID: 120134 Views:2480 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Everyone, I would like to introduce ourselves,we are Beryl and Arthur and we have had our BT for twelve months. Just completed our longest trip so far in BT of 13000 ks. Left home in Bendigo heading west across the Nullarbor then followed the coast around to Port Hedland,, then inland down through Newman to Leonora then north up the Great Central Road to Docker River. Heading east again then up to Alice for another "clean up" and rest, then down to Coober Pedy, Lyndhurst and back up the Strzelecki Track to Innamincka then to Noccundra to Broken Hill then back to Bendigo. We only saw 4 BT in all of our trip, have been wondering where they all head too! The Great Central Road was every bit as rough as the Gibb river ,having done that with a camper trailer 2 yrs ago. We stopped the dust by taping up the vent at bottom of the door, that was the only place it wanted to come in. Only other concern was the screws coming out of the cover on top of stove, so we removed it. Also stacked frig same as other BT owners ,and put foam rubber in selves of door with holes cut in to stand glasses in, worked well no more broken glasses! Looking forward to hearing about other BT owners travels. Regards Beryl and Arthur.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Thursday, Sep 25, 2003 at 02:28

Thursday, Sep 25, 2003 at 02:28
Welcome to the group, It sounds like you had a great trip. No doubt you are now ready to head off again. As for dust in the door, if you put the waterproof door across and then put some foam rubber or an old towel in the gap, no dust will come in that way. In the crockery cupboards, if you put some bulky items like towels or jumpers, that will fill up the gap and stop thinks bouncing around. Some people have put locktite on the screws that come loose, but so far we haven't had the problem. In our fridge we now use a lot of tupperware containers that have vents in them and find things much easier to stack. Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 559687

Our Sponsors