GoodBye To Slim Dusty- An Australian Legend

Submitted: Friday, Sep 26, 2003 at 22:45
ThreadID: 120136 Views:2688 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
On this day we say goodbye to a legend, an Australian who was the last of a breed that we will never see again. Im sure we all have favorite memories of listining to Slims songs on holidays, on the road, or sitting by the campfire at night where the wild dingos call..... I can think of nothing better than red dirt, and a BT filled with the songs of Slim Dusty. He was a great man who cannot be replaced, and will never be forgotten. So raise a glass tonight, put on an old record, and spare a thought for the man that was SLIM DUSTY
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: F Troop - Friday, Sep 26, 2003 at 22:47

Friday, Sep 26, 2003 at 22:47
AnswerID: 559688

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Friday, Sep 26, 2003 at 22:48

Friday, Sep 26, 2003 at 22:48
I must say that we were all glued to the TV watching the direct telecast. We will even admit to the odd tearful eye as well. The funeral service was well done, and even royalty couldn't have had better. I haven't been much of a fan of Kasey Chambers but when she sang with tearful eyes with Troy Cassa-Daly I thought that they she and Troy did a really good job. There are not many people who sing at their own funeral, but Slims Songs were really good. I think the nine network might have had more people watching that what will be watching tomorrows AFL grandfinal, and not an Ad to interupt it. I agree fully with you Adam. Brian & Margaret.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 559689

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Sep 26, 2003 at 22:49

Friday, Sep 26, 2003 at 22:49
Amy and I watched it together today and were saddened ..... what a great tribute to the man. The first record my dad ever bought me was "A pub with no beer" ... I wish I still had it .... Nina's favourite CD at the moment is Casey Chambers ...passed on from Amy. I have to endure it every time we go in the car. I loved it in the beginning but now is a little grating after two kids playing it to death. Out of the mouthes of Babes .... in one song Casey says " Well he can kiss my ass" Nina says " Well he can kiss my bottom" ...... I pity the boys calling in ten years !! Hang on ...no I dont !!!!! [smile] Anthony Explore this Great Land ... Do it Easy ... Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 559690

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Friday, Sep 26, 2003 at 22:50

Friday, Sep 26, 2003 at 22:50
There has been very little mention of Slim's death over here. Including on London's premier country music radio station. But if I hear Johnny Cash's song "Hurt" one more time I think I will scream. I was proud of Slim Dusty's "true-blue" image and his fine representation of all that is good and right in the Australian Country Music scene. He will be sadly missed. Angie
AnswerID: 559691

Our Sponsors