SEQ Bush Camp

Submitted: Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:04
ThreadID: 120141 Views:3025 Replies:15 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Ernie and Kay with grandson (NomadsUsR) myself and the kids went to Neurum Creek Bush Retreat last week for a look. Being located at Woodford I'm looking to use it as a close weekender for the BT. Ernie took us up the mountain in the Patrol (and down again) and apparently only Ernie and myself enjoying the ride.... [smile] Kay wanted to be put out and picked up on the way back .... Amy was siding with Kay ..... If the picks come out in this post check the look on all the faces ............ PRICELESS !!!!! Amy coined two new quotes : If I was allowed to swear I would ..... and .... Wow the car is nearly vertical. Anthony Explore this Great Land ... Do it Easy ... Tow a Bushtracker
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:08

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:08
As Andy says, the picture says it all!! Angie
AnswerID: 559712

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:09

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:09
Jeff, I think they'll go again .... and ever since I let Amy steer the F250 for a couple of K's (with the BT on the back) she has been at me to weld extension pedals on the little Suzi Sierra. Brian .... The website for Neurum Creek is .... www.ncbr.com.au All details there .... I think I counted 6 powered sites in a line would be suitable for a mini BT campsite .... fires and dogs allowed which is rare these days. Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ... Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 559713

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:10

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:10
How did the Neurum Creek excursion go this weekend Anthony.......not too many storms about I hope? Ernie and Kay
AnswerID: 559714

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:11

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:11
It is with great sadness I have to report my beloved Bushtraker will have to be re-skinned on the front , roof and right hand side because of hail the hit at 3.30 pm on Sunday just gone. The F250 has several dents on bonnet and roof requiring only "Paintless Dent Removal" ....I hope. Cindy's new Subaru Forester which was there because she worked Saturday morn and then came up to campground has several dents on bonnet only as she got to sit under the BP service station at D'agular for most of the storm . I was travelling the road some 10 k's back from her and had nowhere to go so just pulled up and prayed .... it could of been worse !!! My family are safe .... a couple of more sleeps and I'll be over it I hope ...[verysmallGrin] I can also report that "Griff " was 20 minutes behind me and only took rain across his bows ...to his great delight. Could have been two for reskinning ...one is bad enough ! Spoke to Steve T. this morning he assures me it will be as good as new. One small miniscule light at the end of the tunnel will be I can now put a sound system in my BT. Anthony Explore this Great Hail Land ... Do it Easy ... Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 559715

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:12

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:12
Anthony and Cindy, Kay and I send our sympathy and if it helps at all we have had two vehicles wrecked and I do mean wrecked by hail. You both must feel like a one- legged mountain climber looking up and wondering how on earth can I get to the top. You will of course and have more adventures both good and not so good. Mother nature is a great leveller of human endeavours and we can but only wonder at her power. When I was aviating part of your training was to watch all thing weather and stay away for cunims(thunderstorms). Motorists need to heed the weather as well especially during the storm season. Ernie and Kay.
AnswerID: 559716

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:13

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:13
This message has been deleted due to termination of membership.
AnswerID: 559717

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:14

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:14
Sorry to hear you guys got hit by the storms. Had read it on the net but didn't think any Boggers would be so affected. Hope the repairs go well. As you said Anthony..... there was a small light at the end of the tunnel. Angie
AnswerID: 559718

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:15

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:15
Gees Helga and George whats going on here? Kay and I send our bestwishers also. We were just wondering if you had both run over the same Chinaman at Cania? Must be some explanation. Chin up fellas after all it's not flesh and blood and can be fixed in the fullness of time. Best wishes Ernie and Kay
AnswerID: 559719

Reply By: Wadefarers - Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:16

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:16
Anthony/George & Helga Sorry to hear what happened with the hail, something I must say I dread. Although we live in Sydney we were lucky enough not to get the storm. Happened once last year but only light and no damage. One thing I panicked about at the time was the possible effect on the solar panels. Seeing how bad the hail was in some areas did it affect the solar panels for either of you???? Trust the damage was not too severe and all will be well soon. Regards Jeff
AnswerID: 559720

Reply By: Motley - Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:17

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:17
George & Helga, Anthony & Cindy, Sorry to hear about 'van damage. From our experience with hail damage earlier this year, you can take comfort from two things:Bushtracker did a superb repair job. Steve's comment that the 'van will be as new was certainly true in our case. You get a chance to do all those things you wanted to do but couldn't work out how to run the pipes/cables! Better get the Capital Expenditure request going Anthony!! Pete & Jan (travelling in SW Victoria - with Webasto!) PS. Anthony - Do you have any more info on those "Glass Mufflers" you mentioned re Webastos?
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 559721

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:18

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:18
Jeff, The solar panels are very tough and being framed only adds to their resistance to impact. I think for hail to crack one it would be around 40mm plus and may the good lord have mercy on a van in hail that size. MMmmm I wish I had 4 smashed solar panels and my BT skin still had its gleaming look ..... can I swap the damage .... who do I call ..... [icySmile] Thanks everyone for your thoughts .... after two sleeps, copious reds and some good old fashioned crying on each others shoulder in husband and wife style, it is not as bad as first thought. The F250 has 70 odd dents that can be fixed by paintless dent removal to as good as new for around $2k .... this alone has softened the blow as I was dreading getting 2/3rds of the truck painted. I'm hoping for some good "before and after shots" for anyone wanting to remove small dents from their vehicle. The Forester is being repaired the same way. I'm now in two minds about the BT .... I'm thinking of covering the damage on the front by attaching 1.5mm checkerplate. I'm thinking of getting a piece rolled to the curves .... cut outs for the window and clearance lights and sikaflex on !! Certainly stone proof it for travelling and match the sides .... might have to powdercoat it in white to make it a little more subtle. I'll have plenty of time to think about it as the ins companies are busy here for some time ..... the Forester insurer recorded message says to call back in 48 hrs !!!! Reskinning is the only real fix but a mate has said " Imagine a reskin and sitting in a campground in Dec school hols and a storm brews ! AAArgggggggghhhhhhhh !!!! Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 559722

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:19

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:19
Anthony, If ours was hail damaged, I would go with what Bushtracker have finished the van in. By changing it, you would be upsetting the distinctive Bushtracker look. There are a large number of vans around with the same skin as ours and yours and it would take a lot of $100 excesses to pay for aluminium checker plate. Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 559723

Reply By: F Troop - Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:20

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:20
Anthony & Cindy, George & Helga, God! That's enough to make you want to cry (and I certainly would). Our sympathies to you all. It makes you appreciate all those insurance premiums that you have paid - doesn't it? Now it's time to get some money back from them! And to Motley - fancy renaming Toby, to Webasto. Or have you done it again - left poor Toby behind? I hope not......... Jan & Graham Hitting the road next week - north.
AnswerID: 559724

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:21

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:21
Jan and Graham, I have to admit we both held off crying til about 8pm Sunday night. Cindy started it and I followed suit consoling her ....... nuffin like a good tear session !!!! [wateryGrin] Onward and upward now ........ Mmmmmmmmm !!!! I'm thinking Alpine ....Pioneer .... Sony LCD.... 25mm conduit across roof between overheads to run wires later on if the need arises. At last we get a sound system ........ Cool !! Anthony Explore this Great Land ... Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 559725

Reply By: F Troop - Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:22

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2003 at 06:22
Good lad, Anthony, Out of every negative, comes a positive....... Gee, I'm thinking surround sound, 7.1 audio, DVD, subby, 2000watt amps, plasma screen, awwwwesome . Sounds great! Well, after all, you've got to keep the kids entertained, haven't you? Perhaps you should start to RAGSQ's. Jan
AnswerID: 559726

Our Sponsors