2004 BOG Rally

Submitted: Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 02:52
ThreadID: 120143 Views:2726 Replies:15 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Bushtracker 2004 Rally.
I will open a new section so that interested BOGers can post suggestions for a venue for our 2004 rally.
Once this section has settled in I propose to delete the existing Cania Gorge section to "Tidy Up" the site. Any objections to this proposal please let me know.
There are some important point to be considered when posting your suggestions.

Infrastructure.
We are likely to have 40, 50 or more vans, maybe 100 to 150 people and this means that you need to consider things like toilet waste disposal, average 5 ltrs per person per day so disposal methods capable of handling that qty essential.. Most outback dunnies will not accept 500 ltrs of that stuff, even if it is pure "Bogger Poo"

Garbage disposal.
All the food scraps, empty drink containers, burnt dampers etc need some disposal method.

Power.
If you are suggesting a site in a very hot area will members require power for air conditioners. 50 Honda genys running together could be a little annoying.

Regards from Turist AKA "Bob the baker"
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Luvntravln - Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:14

Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:14
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Stop woofing and barking and make some decisions! TGINTL
AnswerID: 559729

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:15

Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:15
Decision made:
1. No K9s
2. Lotsa beer
AnswerID: 559730

Reply By: Luvntravln - Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:16

Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:16
Some people just beat a poor little dog to death - Look forward to meeting a genuine dog beater at the next rally - Cheers, Dave, tgintl to reform!
AnswerID: 559731

Reply By: Luvntravln - Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:17

Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:17
Turist, how many days was the 2003 rally; dates? Thanks, tgintl
AnswerID: 559732

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:18

Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:18
G'day all, It is hard to please all the people ... all the time. This is the problem of picking a spot besides the obvious logistic problem of having 40 -50 BT's parking for a good time. Dave loves dogs but not at his camp site .... that gets Helen upset which in turn has Lynne comparing dogs to children and wants to ban them. Now in turn I get upset .... banning children from a BT rally .... that really is bitter and a bit twisted. As pointed out by Brian my Manager Position was only one of convenience at the time so I will remove my input to the final decision. In my opinion the other managers being the originators of the group (Motley and Turist) shall have the final say after all areas have been put forward and it will be final. This worked very well for Cania making it a week to really remember for some time. In true spirit can people not be so selfish .... and think more of others. I dont think the rally should be shifted for two dogs when 80 other people will be going as well. Likewise if kids are banned I jump on my sword and let the other 80/100 people enjoy a child free rally ... its not the end of the world. If if does end up a rally with dogs and kids is that such a bad thing ..... if a dog poos on my ground sheet/shade cloth ...I'll do the Italian thing and send my first born over to poo on theirs ...... simple !!!! [goodfellaWiseguySmile] Before we worry about dogs and kids let just try to get a venue that most of us can at least get to .... distance and time .... room and facilities .... water and firewood ...lets work on the big issues first. Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 559733

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:19

Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:19
Well said Anthony. We don't have any kids or dogs, but we love being around both and don't mind how many of each are there. The Bushtracker group is a family orientated group and as such children and pets are part of a family. Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

AnswerID: 559734

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:20

Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:20
Three cheers for Anthony. Hip hip.........
AnswerID: 559735

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:21

Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:21
WHOOOOOOOO!!!!! I did NOT suggest banning kids from the rally!!!!!!!!!! I simply said that there just as there ARE irresponsible dog owners, there are also irresponsible parents & smokers but I felt that anyone with the good sence to own a BT would NOT fit that catrgory so why discriminate against anyone, we all have one thing in common we LOVE our Bushtrackers. I asked a civil question and I think it was uncessary of Dave to be so rude with his answer. I wouldn't think of asking for anyone to be excluded from the rally!!!!!!!! Live & Let Live is my moto, just have some consideration for others, ALL others. Lynne
AnswerID: 559736

Reply By: Luvntravln - Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:22

Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:22
Hi This is not a tough question: How many BTs with pets? I must respectfully say this is going over the top! Is it an issue or not? By the way, all this time spent on the pets and only 3 Boggers have taken the time to vote about where to go. tgintl
AnswerID: 559737

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:23

Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:23
As a very new BOG members and being new to Caravaning as well we have no sugestions for rally sights as we have not done that much travelling yet and wouldn't be so presumptious as to vote on something we know nothing about that is better left up to those in the know. We were looking foward to the rally which is why we had asked, if possible to have it somewhere dog friendly however we would never impose our presents where we were not welcome, that would just be rude. Maybe we will see some of you no the road in our travels one day. This should put an end to the matter as we never intended to cause a division in the group. Good Bye Lynne & Terry
AnswerID: 559738

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:24

Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:24
G'day Lynne & Terry, Lets not overreact here ..... Dave has all the subtlety of a 10kg hammer and I'll smack his bottom for it later. Wait until we have a venue before you make the decision not to attend. The first criteria for the venue is one of logistics and it might work out that dog are allowed at the venue. At Cania the smokers went away from the general populace and the only two kids in the BT group (mine) were very well behaved. You will really miss a great time if the last rally is anything to go on ..... the friendship and shear togetherness was outstanding. My wife and I still talk about that "Fire" and the people that were around it every night. Only yesterday I went to Somerset Dam on invitation for lunch with 3 BT owners .... 2 of which I met in person for the first time at Cania. This is the legacy of the Cania Rally .... ongoing friendships. I only had a 3 hr time frame and ended up being there for 6-ish and was nearly in trouble when dinner was late .... I just blamed Graham and Greg !!! [smile] I 'll ask you to hold off your decision til the venue is picked ...... Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ... Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 559739

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:25

Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:25
Hey Anthony,
You just keep your hands to yourself, look what
happened to whako Jacko !
Is everyone sitting on their sense of humour, why
take this matter so seriously. If a Bogger prefers to bring a dog and I prefer
not to have dogs at a camp site, big deal, these are preferences being
expressed, nothing more. Why implicate the notion of children being present ,
for most of us they are not comparable with dogs. Anthony is right, his
kids were well behaved, notice he was careful not to mention his own
behaviour! There was even a well behaved feathered bird at the last
rally.
Birds,dogs,cats, smokers, bring what you want and
yourselves,,just keep your wildlife under control.
David

AnswerID: 559740

Reply By: Turist - Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:26

Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:26
Just a reminder about infrastructure.
Ten or 15 vans in a camp site for up to a week is manageable in most bush camp sites but we are expecting around 40 rigs this year.
That means at least 200 litres of sewage per day, about100 kg of garbage.
Fresh water requirements are probably manageable with on board supplies if you are modest in your usage but this is a week long party and who wants to scrimp.
(And Tony is sure to need a long cold shower after the spanking session. Same little black whip as last time Tony??)

I know that we all have self sufficient vans and like to do the outback thing but remember that this will be a large group gathering and needs to be treated accordingly.
I am sure that as occured last rally, some members will continue on to remote camps in smaller groups and enjoy the difference.

Keep these comments in mind and vote accordingly.
And vote for and against sites, the managers like to see the comments, it does help the decision making process.
And vote more than once if you feel that you have extra imput that should be considered. I have.
Regards
Turist
"Do It While You Can"

AnswerID: 559741

Reply By: Turist - Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:27

Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:27
Correction to the maths in the previous posting.
Sewage would be around 400 litres per day for 40 vans.
And that allows for blokes behind trees.
Try getting rid of that in a bush camp and not catching a tummy bug.
Turist
"Do It While You Can"

AnswerID: 559742

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:28

Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:28
What worries me Bob ....Is that last time I had to smack his bottom for being the naughty boy in class I said to Dave "Go and get me something to smack your bottom with ...". He was the one who came back with the little polished black whip ....!!!! Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 559743

Our Sponsors