Fridge Temperatures

Submitted: Sunday, Oct 05, 2003 at 20:42
ThreadID: 120151 Views:2486 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I recently copied Motley Pete and put a stick on thermometer on the fridge door that has a probe to put inside the fridge. It is amasing how much the temperature changes in various parts of the fridge. Near the rear wall 1.8C and near the front 4C but when the door is opened for only a short time, the temperature rises far quicker than I had imagined it would, and it takes a while to get back down to normal again. Hence all those recommendations to keep the door shut as much as possible. At least we now know what is going on inside the fridge. I just used a $24 thermometer from Tandy. Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Sunday, Oct 05, 2003 at 20:44

Sunday, Oct 05, 2003 at 20:44
I did the Motley Pete thing before Cania ...... thermometer that is ..... [grin] and was running the fridge a little low because I was getting temps at about 8-9 deg C. For the daily temps at Cania I had the fridge thermostat at 2 to 2 and a tad to maintain 3.5 -4.5 deg C .... Like Brian I grabbed a simple $20 unit from Jaycar probably the same as Tandy one. Gotta keep those beers cool ..... and you cant make a good coffee with sour milk .... hey Graham !!! [espressonicGrin] Anthony Explore this Great Land ... Do it Easy ... Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 559763

Our Sponsors