Quote for the Week

Submitted: Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 16:28
ThreadID: 120154 Views:2211 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
“Once you’re over the hill, you pick up speed.” And you know, they're right: age IS a mighty high price to pay for maturity!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 16:30

Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 16:30
I can add one to the list ..... A strong man can handle anything .... Even love !!!
AnswerID: 559774

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 16:31

Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 16:31
"A Vehicle Components AT35 trailer coupling will cause your caravan to roll over" This statement was made by a well known caravan manufacturer person near Brisbane to a customer who asked for one to be fitted to his new off road van. This van was parked next to mine at the recent Combined Queensland Caravan Clubs Annual Rally held last weekend at Pittsworth(sth of Toowoomba). In our discussion we talked about many vanny things including aluminium verses wood frames. You can only wonder at the mentality of a person who would make such a dangerous statement. In a previous posting on this forum I used the words "crap filter" when evalulating the value of advice offered in these forums either solicited or otherwise. This also aptly applies to hoax virus emails.....sorry Brian.. Advice or instruction from manufacturers and retailers such as "a weight distribution hitch is not necessary" is certainly a big concern. There were around 250 vans/motor homes at the rally held at the Pittsworth Showgrounds. I thought our Bushtracker was the only one there but I was told there was one other but unfortunately I missed them. A women owner I believe. Pittsworth is one of those rural communities trying to reverse the rural decline and seem to be doing a good job of it. Well worth a relaxing stay. Rudds old pub at Nobby has beut meals with a very rustic atmosphere. The 2004 rally is at Pine Rivers(BNE) at the end of September. For those BOGers who like techo things I have fitted a autotransmission temperature gauge to my 4.5 Patrol(petrol). The climb up the Toowoomba range is signposted at 10% gradient and the temp settled out at 110C while the engine went to about 7/8s of the gauge. I had selected first gear at the bottom and the ambient temp was around 28C. A good time was had by all and it certainly is an eyeopener to see so many vans in all shapes and sizes lined up together. I would estimate 80% of the tow vehicles were 4WD with the majority being Patrols. One marshal commented to me "gawd not another Patrol they must be giving em away". There was a few F250s. One was towing a fifth wheeler. Boofhead Soorly wants to ban 4WDs and bullbars and I would like to see him try it. On the subject of water hoses there was a discussion on another forum about flat/roll up verses conventional and also older type screw end fittings verses snapon. I only saw one flat hose and no screwon fittings so the flat hose exponents were outvoted overwhelmly. Personally I find the snapon fittings beut but get good quality brass. We are still on the road and when we get home I will put a few Cania pics on the forum. Ernie
AnswerID: 559775

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 16:32

Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 16:32
This message has been deleted by the author.
AnswerID: 559776

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 16:33

Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 16:33
This message has been deleted by the author.
AnswerID: 559777

Our Sponsors