ordered BT

Submitted: Sunday, Oct 12, 2003 at 09:53
ThreadID: 120163 Views:2845 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone, We have finally ordered our new BT, an 18' rear side entry with all the bits along with awning and screened annexe walls with weatherproof wiindow coverings in order for guests to stay. Have also purchased L/C 100series std diesel (with barn doors) and Aussie Traveller car top tent so we have the option of going further afield if desire hits!! There are just the two of us now but we have small grandchildren (old enough to be palmed off on Nanna and Granddad ). We visit the factory in early Jan 04 to finalise all the pretty bits and technical bits and have a delivery date of June 04. We have 4 wks break then and intend to drive across for pickup, test her out for a couple of wks before driving her back to Darwin to be stored until December when we have applied for 6 months leave to do THE trip. Last time we did it with a Falcon station wagon and a Jayco Discovery poptop. I have been reading the messages religiously and some of the ideas I was already conversant with but others gave food for thought. Be most interested to hear from people re layout preferences and colours as well as items that are not standard but worth fitting at manufacture. Jaunty Jordans
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Sunday, Oct 12, 2003 at 09:55

Sunday, Oct 12, 2003 at 09:55
Well congratulations to you both. I remember my day at the BT factory and the satisfaction of placing the order and picking out all the colours etc. It was a wonderful time, made special by the staff at BT (mind you I had travelled a fair distance to get there, even further than Darwin!). But the waiting is the hardest part. Ours is due for delivery in August 2004, and from what I am hearing of the caravan industry, the waiting list will get worse so we have both done the smart thing by getting our order in now to beat the rush. We cope with the wait by putting photos of BT's on our desktop and changing the picture every now and then. And dreaming about all the places and adventures we will have. I would be happy to put you on the Bushtracker Owners and those with orders pending database if you supply me with a few more details than in your profile. Names would be a good start. Also happy to send you a copy of our layout (even though it is a 20foot), with all the options we have chosen if it will help. Welcome to the land of the smart people. Angie
AnswerID: 559823

Reply By: Luvntravln - Sunday, Oct 12, 2003 at 09:56

Sunday, Oct 12, 2003 at 09:56
Angie, I would appreciate receiving a copy of your layout and extras list. Thanks. Jay
AnswerID: 559824

Our Sponsors