Griff's van

Submitted: Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:29
ThreadID: 120166 Views:4110 Replies:15 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hey Brian, you don't think that Bushtracker truck photo was Griff's van do you? He was due for pick-up on 13th. Angie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:32

Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:32
No, Angie, I didn't think the truck van was Griffs, but I was wondering what happened to him as he did say he was going to contact me after pickup while on the Sunshine Coast. Anthony's message explains it. Brian.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 559841

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:33

Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:33
Anyone got an update on this one? Angie
AnswerID: 559842

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:34

Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:34
Well Griff and his wife and 2 kids are now spending their first night in their new van at Forest Glen Big 4 park. and camped near by are Roger & Jackie from WA in their new van that they also picked up today. Can't beat the new smell in the new vans. Also in the park is an older BT but there wasn't anyone with that one while we were there. Enjoy your new vans, they look great. And to the F Troop cafe, you thought that you had a coffee machine, everyone on the BOG site will be lining up to see the one in Griffs van. Very professional looking, but we had to leave before they had time to test it. Brian

AnswerID: 559843

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:35

Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:35
Brian, did you get any photos? Would love to see what recommendations from the group Griff and Co actually used in the end. Angie
AnswerID: 559844

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:36

Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:36
NO, It was almost dark when he pulled into the park and they had to set up and get organised with 2 young boys to keep an eye on at the same time. He had to do a fair bit of reversing around a corner etc to get to his site and it was either good luck or he has done a lot of reversing trailers with mirrors before, because he did a very good job for someone who had just picked up a new van. The park manager also commented on what a good job he did. I think Griff would like to put his own photos on the site and a description of what he has put in it, suffice to say he has gone for a number of non standard items that make the van stand out. Can't wait to try out his coffee machine. Brian

AnswerID: 559845

Reply By: Deleted User - Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:37

Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:37
Hey all, just landed back from our sea-trials stop Shake down cruise went moderately OK stop Dramas with pick-up stop Several unuseable minor systems (like water & shore power) supplied by BT requiring additional bits - should be on list stop Some Sound-in-Motion gear unacceptable - sorting stop Build quality excellent providing great sea-keeping (survived three wind {gusting Beaufort 4}, four rain and avoided two hail storms) stop All exhausted after our Holiday in the Bermuda Triangle - should have turned left at Alberquerquie stop Having a necessary beer after reversing into the yard - 15mm from garage to O/S mudguard and had to rotate awning lock 180 to miss wall airconditioner stop Tight stop Full report follows by runner stop Griff's Grizzlers, 129th Expeditionary Force ('The Beast Masters')
AnswerID: 559846

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:38

Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:38
Griff, congratulations to you and the crew on surviving the past couple of weeks. I had heard on the grapevine that you had survived some interesting weather whereas your navigator about 20mins before suffered at the hands of the Gods. Sounds like it was touch and go for a while also on customer satisfaction. Would be interested in more info on the Sound in Motion gear as we have an order in with them. Perhaps hit me off-line with that one. I see they now have a joint SIM/Bushtracker website with some suggested packages on it. Maybe your photos will appear on the website when they get them posted. I will of course be looking forward to the report and hopefully some photos as I luuuuurve photos and we are all dying to know what gadgets and suggestions that the group made were finally put into the final plan. Angie
AnswerID: 559847

Reply By: F Troop - Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:39

Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:39
Griff, So long as coffee machine worked okay stop I believe we now have a rival in that department stop Ours blew a pressure valve stop So we have been coffee-less for some weeks now stop (As a result of this, husband has stopped) stop Must have been all those Cania coffee's stop Your turn next time stop Congrats on your pick up stop Jan (leaving any day now for 6 weeks up north) STOP
AnswerID: 559848

Reply By: Andy1 - Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:40

Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:40
Angie Re S&M; when we collected van: Polarity wrong for power supply to antenna Antenna connector cord TV to wall socket so poorly made that no connection possible. General standard of antenna connections poor Extended pole for Antenna was set up so that cable (antenna to van) was sliced off when pole unextended. All of this we discovered after delivery completed. Wireless set up OK. Andy
AnswerID: 559849

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:41

Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:41
Thanks Andy. We will be checking the van over very carefully when we pick it up and will be spending at least a week nearby so that we can get anything we find quickly fixed. It will be some time before we would be back up that way and want to make sure that home is as it should be. What did Brian B from SIM say when you went back to him? Angie
AnswerID: 559850

Reply By: Tassietracker5 - Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:42

Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:42
Hi Griff Congratulations on your new "baby"! I am curious as to whether you used any method to stop your kids falling out of the bunks, built at BTi. We collect our van in April 04 and am wondering if we should get something built during the initial construction or use something else. Our eldest (3yrs) will sleep in the top bunk (that's mum and dad's plan anyway - he may have different ideas!) and the twins will sleep in the bottom "L" shaped bunks. They will be almost 2 yrs and only just in beds before the pick-up date and I think that they might still "take a dive" in the wee hours. Any ideas? Would love to see some photos of your new van when you have time to load some! Regards Tassietracker5
AnswerID: 559851

Reply By: Luvntravln - Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:43

Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:43
Angie, what is the url for the SIM/Bushtracker website? Thanks, Jay
AnswerID: 559852

Reply By: Deleted User - Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:44

Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:44
Tassietracker5,
We had a simple side rail for the kids some years ago which may be still available or easily made up. Picture a tubular steel top rail about a metre or so long with its ends bent down to form short verticals. The ends were split and a screw-fit hose-clip fitted over them. A pair of short L-shaped sections of slightly smaller tube was fitted inside the split ends of the larger tube and secured by tightening the hose clips. The L-shaped pieces were turned 90 degrees and slid under the mattress. Dead simple, easily removed to make up the bed, folds flat and easily transferred to any other bed. Probably came from somewhere like Ikea but wouldn't be difficult to have them made to measure in aluminium to save weight.
AnswerID: 559853

Reply By: Deleted User - Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:45

Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:45
We had the same type of rail ..... worked really well, but it was made in the early 70's and I haven't seen them around for a very long time. We picked ours up from my in-laws. Lorraine
AnswerID: 559854

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:46

Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:46
Jay, http://soundinmotion.com.au/bushtracker/ Still being worked on as there are no photos there yet. But will give you a rough idea. I can also send you a copy of the gear we have ordered if it is any help. Angie
AnswerID: 559855

Our Sponsors