21ft Bushtracker for sale, Oct 16th

Submitted: Friday, Oct 17, 2003 at 00:03
ThreadID: 120169 Views:2670 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
In the November issue of Caravan World Magazine on page 140 there is a 21ft Bushtracker with a Queensland Registration number showing it was registered about 2 years ago, for sale for $62,500. This is a very good price and shouldn't last long. Brian.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Oct 17, 2003 at 00:05

Friday, Oct 17, 2003 at 00:05
Hi Brian, I was wondering, if you don't mind, if you could email me the details of the van including the contact number, as I have been to our local newsagent and, as usual he is a little slow in obtaining the new issues. I am looking for something around the 20 foot mark, but I suppose an extra foot wouldn't go astray in the comfort factor. My only concern would be lugging it around with my 3.0lt Nissan. I would just have to pack lightly I guess. Now how do I communicate that to my wife? Also, in your experiences with BT vans, is there any specific weaknesses or common faults to look out for in a second hand model? Cheers Dave
AnswerID: 559860

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Friday, Oct 17, 2003 at 00:06

Friday, Oct 17, 2003 at 00:06
Hi Dave, I have sent the details via e-mail. I don't know of any common faults or any other faults for that matter apart from the AC Delco batteries that were in use at about the time that this van was made. These would still be under warranty.Bushtracker have now changed the batteries that they fit to vans so there shouldn't be any more battery problems. I guess if a caravan has been treated well by owners then they will not have problems, but if the owner drives over very rough roads at very high speeds then like anything, something will fail along the way. Most other vans won't stand up to the conditions that a Bushtracker will. We had a crash with ours that would have caused most vans to disintergrate, and after it was repaired no-one would ever know. Our 21ft van had a tare weight of 2480kg when we bought it, but as I have said before friends of ours with a 16ft very heavily loaded BT (ie over 3.0ton) tow theirs with a 3.0lt Nissan and should be in NT by now after travelling around WA for the past few months. Most 20 and 21 ft Bushtrackers seem to have been getting towed by the 4.2 Landcruiser or Nissans until the F250's became available and now a lot of people go for them, because they are a far more superior tow vehicle. Brian

AnswerID: 559861

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Oct 17, 2003 at 00:07

Friday, Oct 17, 2003 at 00:07
Hi again Brian, I gave the number a call this morning, but the owner said that it was advertised last month(?) and that it sold within 3 days. It wasn't supposed to be advertised this month. Oh well, I will just keep doing a bit more research and keep an eye out for any more that might come up for sale. Pleased to hear that there are people out there towing with the 3.0lt Nissan. Does your friend have a Dtronic fitted? Thanks Dave
AnswerID: 559862

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Friday, Oct 17, 2003 at 00:08

Friday, Oct 17, 2003 at 00:08
No, His 3.0lt Nissan is stock standard. Brian

AnswerID: 559863

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Oct 17, 2003 at 00:09

Friday, Oct 17, 2003 at 00:09
<LABEL id=HbSession SessionId="3548464822"></LABEL> Just seen the message about that B.T. for sale at $62500. We studied that unit closely and also thought it to be a good price. We agreed on the price and were on our way to the bank when he rang and said they had changed their mind and had decided to hang on to it, but had numerous calls about it. juton2
AnswerID: 559864

Our Sponsors