Help with Pro Star

Submitted: Saturday, Oct 18, 2003 at 20:30
ThreadID: 120171 Views:2833 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Last month I had Bushtracker fit a fourth solar panel on our BT and I also had the batteries load tested because we had experienced a bit of a problem with maintaining sufficient power after about 4 days without connection to an external power source. Not sure what the problem was - hot weather, demanding to much of the fridge etc etc, but the problem is resolved. I have had the van resting for the last 6 weeks (we take off tomorrow for about 3 weeks in SE South Australia) and everything is tickety-boo. Except for one thing. I have taken to standing in front of the Pro Star and marvelling at the voltage in the batteries and the amount of Solar Amps that are coming in. The Pro Star display seems to cycle through the three readings about every 15 secs. Except sometimes. I timed it the other day and it sat there displaying the battery voltage for well over a minute before it swithed to display of solar amps, which also displayed for an interminably long time. I did find on one occasion that when I switched off the circuit breakers the display cycle speeded up, but I haven't been able to repeat that. Has anyone one else experienced this? Is it configurable. I really don't want to stand there for 3 mins+ to check 3 readings. Hoping there's an answer out there somewhere
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: F Troop - Saturday, Oct 18, 2003 at 20:32

Saturday, Oct 18, 2003 at 20:32
Hi Motley, I have seen the same thing a few times myself, I put it down to not much happening ( no load ) I switched a light on and it went back to the normal 3 seconds. Graham.
AnswerID: 559865

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, Oct 18, 2003 at 20:33

Saturday, Oct 18, 2003 at 20:33
It's funny how the Prostar area of a BT becomes like a shrine or altar !!![smile] One comes to sit and stare ...just to make peace with the great solar gods. I cant say I've ever noticed my readout times on the digital meter have ever been longer than 3-4 seconds and like most have done plenty of staring at it. I just went out for a look at it and it is still reading every 3 secs and as my van has not moved since Cania is fully charged with no breakers on. It reads 14.1 volts .....600ma (.6) solar amps and 0.0 load. So that might blow the doing nothing theory ......although by the look of the voltage it is in PWM regulation not float. Maybe when the prostar is in equalisation mode (every 25 days) the interval is longer ??? Clutching at straws now as it only equalises for 1 hour. I had a good look over their website(as you probably have) and found no reference to the longer readout interval nor anything about the interval being configurable ....... they do have a technical area you could email about it ? Try ..... www.morningstarcorp.com Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 559866

Our Sponsors