Insurance of Bushtrackers

Submitted: Thursday, Oct 23, 2003 at 04:49
ThreadID: 120178 Views:2847 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi fellow Bushtrackers, My name is Sheryl. I am about looking forward to picking up my 16' van in mid December and then embarking on a life changing move of living and working around Australia in my Bushtracker. Some of you may have recently met my parents, Beryl & Des Steele, on your voyages in Queensland, when they picked your brains and looked into your vans then passed on your recommendations to me. I look forward to meeting you personally either through this group or on the road. In particular they mentioned Alan & wife from Altona, couple from Darwin whom they met at Toowoomba Park and Conrad at the Adventure Park at Airlie Beach, if you are members would love to chat. Bushtracker have recommended either a Tekonsha or Kelsey electronic brake controller, does anyone have comments on either brand or model? From a future Bushtracker to all those lucky enough to already own. SassySam10
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker42 - Thursday, Oct 23, 2003 at 04:51

Thursday, Oct 23, 2003 at 04:51
We have never claimed etc, but we did go into what
they would insure relative to off road. We ended up with the NRMA who advised
(eventually in writing), that they would insure off road if the van was
desinged for off road. They would not specifically say what off road was, but
we feel safe with the environemnts we will take the BT.

Some other companies would be less specfic.

If we even had to claim, we would put them on to
Steve at BT for where they can go. His comment to us was anywhere the car can
go, but we would not push it this far.

----------------------

Gary Harding

TriSys Engineering/III

AnswerID: 559900

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Thursday, Oct 23, 2003 at 04:52

Thursday, Oct 23, 2003 at 04:52
Our van is with CIL and Bushtracker are now agents for this company. We were unlucky enough to be involved in an accident with ours and after we picked it up I wrote to the company praising them as the best insurance company that I have ever dealt with. All I can say is that they are excellent. They insisted that we go to the nearest town and stay in a motel for the night to get over the shock of the accident and they would pay. When van was repaired they rang back about a month later to make sure that we were completely satisfied with job. We had a battery problem about 6 months later and it was due to the fact that the batteries should have been replaced after the accident and weren't so they paid for the replacement batteries then with out any problems or questions. A van that is at Bushtracker being repaired now that rolled on its side, Bushtracker were instructed to take the entire skin off and check it properly for any structural damage. The CIL policy cost was about 1/3rd that of RACQ for the same insured value. Brian.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 559901

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Oct 23, 2003 at 04:53

Thursday, Oct 23, 2003 at 04:53
thanks for the infor

Jenny
AnswerID: 559902

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Oct 23, 2003 at 04:54

Thursday, Oct 23, 2003 at 04:54
Thanks for the infor

Jenny
AnswerID: 559903

Reply By: Rockgoc - Thursday, Oct 23, 2003 at 04:55

Thursday, Oct 23, 2003 at 04:55
Pardon my ignorance, but what/who is CIL? We were only discussing this issue of insurance the other day and up popped a chat on just that! We have a little camper trailer until we pick up our BT and the insurance on this little toy is around $250 a year...so what's a BT going to cost to insure I wonder? Not that we would consider not insuring...just nice to be prepared for the cost is all. Only 4+ months to go! Cheers from Jan O
AnswerID: 559904

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Thursday, Oct 23, 2003 at 04:56

Thursday, Oct 23, 2003 at 04:56
Jan, On an $80,000 van the cost is about $800 with CIL (Caravan Insurance Limited) with a $100 excess. Free call 1800 112 481. Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 559905

Our Sponsors