Tow Vehicle

Submitted: Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 00:29
ThreadID: 120190 Views:2595 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
<LABEL id=HbSession SessionId="10063533"></LABEL> Just taken delivery of our 18' er and will be towing with a 100 series Landcruiser, naturally asp. 4.2 diesel. I'm looking for suggestions on suspension for the vehicle re: handling and levelling, also anyones experiences towing with a manual "non - turbo" 4.2. Regards juton2
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 00:31

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 00:31
From Startracker

Thank you to everyone who replied to my request for info
regarding tow vehicles. We were most impressed that so many of you replied
so quickly. Show what a dedicated group you are and how passionate you are
about your vehicles and van. We have enjoyed reading all the mail and look
forward to further discussions. We will digest all the info offered. Would like
to hear more from Roger & Cherryle - HayiteBushtracker as we are also
Primary Producers (cattle) and hope to retire next year. Thanks again to
all
Regards Barbara & John
Happy Motoring
AnswerID: 559948

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 00:32

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 00:32
Juton2 If you contact POTTSEE alias Peter & Carol Potter, they have a 100 series non turbo diesel landcruiser and are towing a 20 foot Bushtracker with it. They should be around Sydney with it now. Suspension upgrades are mainly meant for weight carried inor on the vehicle and weight distribution equipment should be used to throw weight from the rear to front axel to maintain the correct steering and braking of the vehicle. Brian.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 559949

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 00:33

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 00:33
Brian Well pointed out about the weight distribution bars. I would be almost certain that anyone pulling a BT irrespective of the tow vehicle would by law have to have them installed. I personally do not find them a problem installing. I could well imagine that the time is fast approaching that insurance will drop you like a hot potato even if you are in the right if you are involved in an accident. Barbra & John check the membership list if you have joined you should find our contact information there
AnswerID: 559950

Our Sponsors