VAN SECURITY

Submitted: Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 09:13
ThreadID: 120191 Views:2648 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Attended the Melbourne 4+4 and Fishing Show last weekend. A stand was attended by a Permatrim Australia Marine Products displaying Talon Trailer Locks. There was a number of variants of this lock available including one to lock the hitch pin and a Treg Lock. I was informed that one is to be released shortly for the AT35 Hitch. They looked good quality locks to me and their modified pins are made of stainless steel. Dose anyone have opinions on these products good or bad and are they worth the money?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 09:15

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 09:15
G'day, I've had the Talon lock on my Campomatic box trailer for 6 years. I also have the Talon hitch lock which secures the HR hitch to the F250 as the "bar heads' are $200 alone. When home I place the hitch lock pin through the AT35 to secure the van saving buying two but when travelling that would be a pain. They are certainly tough and the keys are registered with Talon in event of a key loss. Either of my two have never given a problem, corroded or jammed ...not bad for 6 years use sitting out in the weather when hitched. Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 559951

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 09:16

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 09:16
Anthony Thanks for your reply, it would help if I could remember to sign off so you knew who you were addressing. I was quoted that it should be between $150.00 to $160.00 for both the AT35 and hitch lock using the same key for both. They also come with a neoprene cover to go over the key entry area to protect from dust and road grime. Thanks again Roger & Cherryle
AnswerID: 559952

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 09:17

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 09:17
I would suggest these hitch locks are next to useless and will not prevent van theft. Ask anyone who has had their boat trailer stolen. There are more ways than hooking up the hitch to tow it away. Think about it and save your money. Ernie
AnswerID: 559953

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 09:18

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 09:18
Ernie, What's the old saying ....locks keep honest people out ?? I put the locks on to make ME feel good !!!! Expensive feelgood though ..... [smile] One consolation is that if the thief stole ya BT in anything but an F250 you could soon catch him !!!!! [cheeky700NmGrin] Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 559954

Our Sponsors