Beds

Submitted: Saturday, Nov 08, 2003 at 09:31
ThreadID: 120207 Views:3317 Replies:11 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Would anyone care to let us know what type of mattress BT supplies with their vans? I believe the mattress is a foam block over the bed base....what is the standard thickness of these and are they comfortable, or have you swapped them over for innerspring? We currently use a 3" foam mattress on board in our little camper trailer and it's pretty comfey. Just an enquiry as we get closer to "D-Day" Regards, Jan & Ian PS Thanks for your reply re: woodwork in the van Bob!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, Nov 08, 2003 at 09:33

Saturday, Nov 08, 2003 at 09:33
Jan & Ian We have done our apprenticeship on thin mattresses and of age to know that the most important part of a van is to have a good bench for the passion pit. the best way to overcome a bad day is a few sherbits & a restful sleep. We opted for a Natural Latex matress from Bedding World. You would have to chech with BT re mattress thickness & shape but it certainly guarantees us a good nights sleep. Mother now beleives we should have the same at home. Only problem is that they do not come cheap. Best of luck Roger & Cherryle
AnswerID: 560002

Reply By: Motley - Saturday, Nov 08, 2003 at 09:34

Saturday, Nov 08, 2003 at 09:34
We opted to go with the standard BT mattress on the basis that if we tried it and it wasn't right, we would get something different. We fitted a good quality wool mattress overlay the same as we use at home. The BT mattress is (I think) 150mm of good quality hi density foam and is firm. Anyway, 4 trips and about 140 nights later, we are very happy with the mattress! It's also light (a consideration) when lifting the bed to access storage. For us the mattress is extremely comfortable and at home, after 30+ years, we are very picky about mattresses!!
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 560003

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Saturday, Nov 08, 2003 at 09:35

Saturday, Nov 08, 2003 at 09:35
Jan and Ian, I was thinking originally or upgrading the foam mattress to a spring one, but after having sat on Brian and Margaret's bed think the standard one will do us just fine. I like a firm mattress and I am prepared to give it a go. It can always be changed for something else later if you find it doesn't. Angie
AnswerID: 560004

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, Nov 08, 2003 at 09:36

Saturday, Nov 08, 2003 at 09:36
Angie wrote:

>I was thinking originally or upgrading the foam mattress to a spring one,

Having spent a lot of nights in vans with both, we find the innerspring
much better in the warmer climates especially. foam mattres we had
tended to hold body heat...
cya
Graham
AnswerID: 560005

Reply By: Paul and Barb - Saturday, Nov 08, 2003 at 09:37

Saturday, Nov 08, 2003 at 09:37
Hi Jan & Ian, We initally had intentions of fitting an innerspring mattress after taking delivery of our van, however after using the bed for some time with a woollen overlay we find it extremly comfortable. It's a nice firm mattress and we always have a good nights sleep. Paul and Barb.
AnswerID: 560006

Reply By: Wadefarers - Saturday, Nov 08, 2003 at 09:38

Saturday, Nov 08, 2003 at 09:38
Jan & Ian Agree with Motley and Paul & Barb about the BT mattress with the wool overlay. Tend to sleep better in the BT than at home. Maybe that's just the joy of being in it and away somewhere!! Regards Jeff
AnswerID: 560007

Reply By: Luvntravln - Saturday, Nov 08, 2003 at 09:39

Saturday, Nov 08, 2003 at 09:39
Hi Please post more info on the "wool overlay". Cheers, Jay
AnswerID: 560008

Reply By: Wadefarers - Saturday, Nov 08, 2003 at 09:40

Saturday, Nov 08, 2003 at 09:40
Jay It's just one of those woolen "thingies" like a protective mattress cover only the top is wool instead of padded material and is of the "fittted" variety (same as the bottom sheet and ensures it stay in place ). Helps with comfort and warmth. Buy them anywhere really, Woolworths, Kmart or Target etc. regards Jeff
AnswerID: 560009

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, Nov 08, 2003 at 09:41

Saturday, Nov 08, 2003 at 09:41
We have had our B/T bed for 2.5 years and we are ready to up grade to an innerspring mattress... We find that our impressions from the night before are still there, and the bed is getting to hard and lumpy. We have used the B/T for approx. 60 to 80 nights. Hope this helps Lorraine
AnswerID: 560010

Reply By: Rockgoc - Saturday, Nov 08, 2003 at 09:42

Saturday, Nov 08, 2003 at 09:42
<LABEL id=HbSession SessionId="1633862534"></LABEL> Hey thanks everyone for your input! Think we will try the foam bed and take it from there after reading all the posts. Cheers, Jan & Ian.
AnswerID: 560011

Reply By: Bushtracker42 - Saturday, Nov 08, 2003 at 09:43

Saturday, Nov 08, 2003 at 09:43
Agree

We have had a full float waterbed for the
last 28 years, and have issues in many beds when we go away. We find the standard
mattress very good (or is it the red wine each night).

Also if the mattress was heavier, I would
have to make the bed. (Shhh – Jenny’s not here).

----------------------

Gary Harding

TriSys Engineering/III

-----Original Message-----

[mailto:peter.spring@bigpond.com]

Sent: Saturday, 8 November 2003
3:35 PM

To: Bushtracker Owners Group

Subject: Re: Beds

New
Message on Bushtracker
Owners Group

Beds

Reply to Sender Recommend

Message 3 in
Discussion

We opted to go with
the standard BT mattress on the basis that if we tried it and it wasn't
right, we would get something different. We fitted a good quality
wool mattress overlay the same as we use at home. The BT mattress is
(I think) 150mm of good quality hi density foam and is firm.

Anyway, 4 trips and
about 140 nights later, we are very happy with the mattress! It's
also light (a consideration) when lifting the bed to access storage.

For us the
mattress is extremely comfortable and at home, after 30+ years, we
are very picky about mattresses!!

View other groups in this
category.

AnswerID: 560012

Our Sponsors