Pretty ordinary question re Towels

Submitted: Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 22:16
ThreadID: 120222 Views:2926 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, am still in the throws of deciding on floor plan but definately with en-suite. Where do you dry your wet towels while travelling. Steve mentioned something about hanging ? from the en-suite vent - not sure what the ? was and wether it would do damage to the hatch with the weight of 2 wet bath towels hanging from it. Any suggestions (Still tossing up between a 16ft & 18ft either way there is no place allocated to hang 'em)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 22:18

Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 22:18
Like most BT owners I have two rails (soon to be four) in the four seasons hatch cavity. I fitted these post delivery. George of BlueMountainsBT fame .... showed me a towel rail that is suitable to mount in the ensuite. He might be able to post a pic of it in his album ? It measures about 700-900 long depending on model and is about 50mm wide and about 40mm high ....it is a quality item and looks right at home in a BT ensuite. From memory 5-8 towel rails come out after opening the cover. Quite a few people are now adding the webasto heater to BT's with an outlet into the ensuite to have a heated shower in cold climes .....this also makes the ensuite a drying cabinet with towel rail or a nice sauna !! Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ... Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 560098

Reply By: TripnTaps - Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 22:19

Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 22:19
Thanks Anthony, Yes we plan to fit a Webasto heater with
venting to the ensuite. Hope George (BT Blue Mountains) can fill us in on his
product - sounds good. The things a prospective BT owner thinks of in the
middle of the night!!!
Is your van an 18fter? With kids you would nead room - for
just two we are deliberating between the 16 and 18ft; less length and weight -
did anyone give Jay the stats on the base weight difference between the 18 &
20ft?
Cheers, Helen
AnswerID: 560099

Reply By: Deleted User - Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 22:20

Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 22:20
G'day Helen, You are right about he kids ....we have the bunks at the back and do it "in comfort" with the four of us in the 18fter. If you intend keeping the BT for some time I'd go the 18 just to get more bench space ....resale might better on the 18 ...although the 16's are rare ... My 18 came in at 2420kg as delivered .... completely empty not even a drop of water on board .... the 20 would be 2600 tare ? Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 560100

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 22:21

Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 22:21
There must be more weight in bunks , or something, because our 21ft with full ensuite, 3 batteries, 3 solar panels, battery charge, inverter and 3 water tanks had a tare of 2480kg, and at the time Steve described it as being a fully optioned van. It is interesting to see how much difference there is in the weight of vans. I don't understand how Steve says people can add 350kg to a van by putting all the nice bits that the BOG group recommends. All the vans that are on display at shows are what BTI call fully optioned, and there are very few extra items suggested on this site that have any weight in them at all. Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 560101

Reply By: Luvntravln - Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 22:22

Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003 at 22:22
Hi All Helen asks if anyone gave me the weight difference betweenthe 18 and the 20? I guess I have to ask why the question? Since everyone knows I am a newbie both to towing and towing vehicles and to caravaning (I can talk sailing and sailboats ), I will ask for the definition of "tare" weight. On the weight differences, I assumed that going to the 20' took me to the 3000+ range and that is the primary reason I went to the F-250. Having just visit with Paul and Barb and closely inspected their 18', I believe that for me it is simply too small for a full-time home and I am wrestling with the question of a 21'. Paul has a queen yacht berth; when you go to an island bed the distance taken up by the bed into the BT is 2 1/2'; the 20' BT is only 2' longer which means an island berth on the 20' results in 1/2' less floor space than an 18'. When you look at Brian's chart of weghts of just a few BTs, you quickly realize that there is no real base weight because every configueration is diffeernt and presents significantly different weights. As an exercise it would be interesting to do an excell spreadsheet listing the configuerations, heavy items (3 batteries, tanks, etc), etc for comparison. I don't know what you would do with it after it was done other than to establish what has already been established: there is no base weight and BT Steve is unable to state with any real accuracy what a particular size weighs unless he were to build a nonoptioned BT of each size and weigh the unit. Cheers, Jay
AnswerID: 560102

Our Sponsors